Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Formal application :) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Moderation (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-94.html)
+--- Forum: Build Server Applications (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: Approved For Trial (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: Formal application :) (/thread-6037.html)

Formal application :) - kanethornwyrd - 03-24-2015

• Minecraft name
  • kanethornwyrd
  • What do you like the most about redstone?
  • The way you can so easily do an inverter, and no ground, no polarity, just pure logic (ok, with a 15 block length challenge ^^)
  • What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?
  • You ask for a masterpiece ? It's currently a WIP
    • 4 basic terminals equipped with:
      • 0..9+reset+send keyboard
      • RAM hooked to a binary stepper, through a binary to decimal decoder, used to increment the memory address to write
      • A MoDem:
        • serialiser
        • de-serialiser
        • respond to a signal to send his own "id"
    • A router, that can send a specific signal to all the terminals connected to get their ID, save it, then can route informations send to him to the designated terminal, protocol pending.
  • What does it do ?
  • Serve as a test bed for the router and/or networked terminals designs. I want to create the fastest router.
  • Image and/or video, from imgur.com or youtube.com
  • Do you agree with the rules ?
  • I'm too lazy and I don't have enough time to mess around or get into arguments with others, except maybe concerning designs, but yes, I totally agree with the rules.
  • The question you forgot: Why joining the server ?
  • To test things on CMP and exchange with other redstoners about RS technologies and designs.

RE: Formal application :) - kanethornwyrd - 03-24-2015

Don't expect me to flood the forum, I HATE the BBCode.

RE: Formal application :) - LordDecapo - 03-24-2015

I'll accept this Big Grin
can you build any adders that are better then RCA (ripple carry adder)?
cause typically we need something computational for a trial, I can check with others on routers passing, don't think we have had a router trial yet xD

(03-24-2015, 11:57 AM)LordDecapo Wrote: I'll accept this Big Grin

Thank you Big Grin

(03-24-2015, 11:57 AM)LordDecapo Wrote: can you build any adders that are better then RCA (ripple carry adder)?

That may be possible, I didn't planned this, but yeah.
Just, what do you mean by "better" ? Faster ? Stronger ? (Oops Wink ) Joking, I guess faster, that is totally doable, I just have to put things down and tinker until I get a decent build.

My plan is to turn the multiple carry lines into one big inverted NOR array in the structure of a strip, that would provide a "real-time" carry line updated each time the adders do their job, which would not be desirable in some cases, and try to use only instant wire/gates for the XORs, mixing the works on the matter by TaviRider, Sethbling and pi314159265358978 and finding my own solutions.
The final result would provide an easier/cleaner interface to extend the base modules. (who said //stack ? ^^ )

RE: Formal application :) - LordDecapo - 03-24-2015

By better I just met something like an ICA CLA CLE LFA PLA or other such adders. RCA is just the first adder most people learn and an ALU is easier to make with them. Other adders require more knowledge about the adder them self to be made correctly

I must admit I didn't know the name before, but a CLA look quite similar to what I was saying, the carry is continuously calculated during the process, the output is instant but varying until completion of the whole addition.

Let me check those designs, for me it's 8p.m., I could certainly come out with something of my own based on the design I find the most fun before calling this a night.

RE: Formal application :) - kanethornwyrd - 03-25-2015

Well, 00:33a.m., I'm a little bit too tired, I finally installed world edit, I've found a fresh xOR gate design using 2 sticky pistons a block of redstone and no torch, no repeater no comparator, I'm not sure of the interest, but yeah, that's something. I'm trying to find a somewhat compact and fast design of my own for a CLA that could eventually turn into a straight xOR gate for an ALU.

--Quick Update
this morning (5 hours ago) before going to work I've found a XOR design made by bennyscube (Here the video) that give me a better setup to do what I'm planning. Smile

--Quick Update #2
Here where I am at today: My Imgur Redstoner C.V. has been updated with CLA Carry Logic prototype !

RE: Formal application :) - LordDecapo - 03-27-2015

Accepted Tongue