Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Projects (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D (/thread-5965.html)

Pages: 1 2

WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - LordDecapo - 03-12-2015

Yo, so I am curious... so imma start a thread here...

Post here what your first CPU build was like and if it even worked (mine certainly didnt, it was beyond terrible)

RE: WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - LordDecapo - 03-12-2015

I'll start, my first CPU was planned to be a beefed up calculator.. but the problem was.. I had all my ALUs, registers, display, inputs... but how the hell do I control it?
ended up making like 6 PROMs, one feeding into another, feeding into another, into another etc.. in order to control everything... never finished as the clock I estimated to be about 80 ticks,

went to try a quad "core" better but still cap and overly huge and slow..

Then started a project that became to be called SexiButterfly (now evolved to the IizR you all know I work on now)

So ya what kinda old CPU builds did everyone start with?

RE: WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - Legofreak - 03-12-2015

well i'm currently working on my first CPU so I'll find some other first...

(digging through photobucket)

First ever redstone image upload... I think I was making some sort of shift register for a combo lock. it was before comparators and I didn't even know how to make a proper monostable.
[Image: combolock.png]

RE: WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - greatgamer34 - 03-12-2015

My first CPU couldn't have been built without the help and guidance of voltzlive :3 It wasn't bad for being my first CPU, granted, it didn't really have any way of dealing with flags.

Its on my 2x1 main plot with the cool floor.

RE: WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - newomaster - 03-16-2015

My first CPU, built over 3 years ago according to the date of this screenshot (wow that long ago).

[Image: M4X1MMm.png]

It actually worked pretty well, though it wasn't very fast or powerful.

It's probably about as nooby as you get, with a RCA mickey-mouse xor (you know the one I'm talking about) ALU. 4 bits, 8 registers, with ALU A and B input registers. Its controlled by goto lines in the program memory and has conditional branching. It also has two different program slots because reasons.

Most interesting thing I did on it was multiply by repeated addition.

RE: WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - LordDecapo - 03-16-2015

Awesome firsts Big Grin
Rek, I'll post a picture of my very first calculator that only added and subbed in decimal. It was purely shift register based.... superisingly wasnt that slow (took between 12 and 40 ticks, lol what is this 'sync' word u mention? No idea! Lol) .. could work on 0-99 but inputting numbers was a hassle. (pressed buttons x amount of times for a given x value in a tens or 1s place.)

And wow, to think CPUs in MC have been around as long as they have, it's quite impressive. Esspecially with the speed and size improvements over time

RE: WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - Apuly - 03-16-2015

Peaceofshit1.0 is still floating loud and proud above my plot.

RE: WHAT ABOUT YOU? :D - martin of redwall - 03-16-2015

how do you guys post those pictures i took a picture of mine but he attachment is to big. a lso your guys pictures are in the comment not as an attachment how do i do that.

(03-16-2015, 06:44 PM)martin of redwall Wrote: how do you guys post those pictures i took a picture of mine but he attachment is to big. a lso your guys pictures are in the comment not as an attachment how do i do that.

Click the picture of mountain and sun, then paste an Imgur link to ur picture.
I will take some next time I'm on my xbox..
although I should post some pics of IizR14 on,that thread lol, I haven't yet