Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
introduction post - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: introduction post (/thread-5820.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: introduction post - martin of redwall - 02-17-2015

(02-17-2015, 10:30 PM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote:
(02-17-2015, 08:05 PM)martin of redwall Wrote: i know about that part its just the part about how to turn it into a output i tired logic gates like in a computer processor but they have millions even billions of transistors

millions and billions isnt a requirement though. you can usually get the job done(even if slowly) with much less; tens or hundreds of logic gates.
well true but if you have been fallowing my issue i have a 90 input sytem that reqiures a factorial of 90 in a grouping of three and two (x.x.x) (x.x.) permutatuions thats a lot of gates and still doesnt help in me in a binary to output converter. I was thinking if i could modify a gpu since that takes a binarty input and controls pixels but instead would just be the output. or would that take up loads of space as well?

RE: introduction post - Magic :^) - 02-18-2015

In regards to what I suggested before:

encoding the digits is just a matter of busing the pressure plate signal into an array of repeaters where the repeaters are only placed where you want a 1.
You would have to place all that stuff by hand for every combination

then the output would have to be D-latched.

you should have 3 arrays of D-latches, with one set feeding into the next in parallel.
(use repeater locks btw, I'm assuming xbox mc has those)

when you step on a pressure plate, there should be a pulse that triggers ALL d latches at the same time that the input reaches the first array.
This will save the input, and propagate any previous input forwards.

Hope that helped?

RE: introduction post - martin of redwall - 02-18-2015

(02-18-2015, 01:26 AM)The Magical Gentleman Wrote: In regards to what I suggested before:

encoding the digits is just a matter of busing the pressure plate signal into an array of repeaters where the repeaters are only placed where you want a 1.
You would have to place all that stuff by hand for every combination

then the output would have to be D-latched.

you should have 3 arrays of D-latches, with one set feeding into the next in parallel.
(use repeater locks btw, I'm assuming xbox mc has those)

when you step on a pressure plate, there should be a pulse that triggers ALL d latches at the same time that the input reaches the first array.
This will save the input, and propagate any previous input forwards.

Hope that helped?

well thats nice and all but i dont know how to make one.. plus there will be 117,000 outputs so i would need a lot of those arrays. that machine describe is my base test model. i want a 90 input system. i would need a component that can detect multiple permutations. right now my component can only decode one permutation. if additional information is needed let me know ive been working on this for 3 weeks and my smallest component is 8x7x6 and only decodes one permutation. so really any help is going to be awesome. weather its a video diagram or idea that i can understand and figure out. im smart so all i would need is a diagram. i can figure out how it works. it really sucks i dont have MC for pc becuse you guys are the first to try and help me. 3 forums and i found help so im very grateful for your help. thanks.

RE: introduction post - Legofreak - 02-18-2015

May I ask what this AI will be used for? like a game or something?

would you like to play global thermonuclear war?

RE: introduction post - martin of redwall - 02-18-2015

it will be used to track a multitude of inputs and compare them to give an output. i will be using it however for an automated defense system. it will work by tracking the movements of the intruders. example: if someone steps on a pressure plate thats input one, two inputs will be required to deteremine direction (the reason i need to use permutations) if i have two inputs labeled one and two one being on the left and two being on the right. in order to deteremine direction if one is tripped then two (1,2) the person is moving right then the opposite (2,1) they are moving left. if three inputs are used position can be triangulated. thats what is going to be used for for now. but once i refine it (with some help) i want to create smart games like player vs computer chess or a interactive adventure map (like a video game). and if i can manage to make a programmable one i can (when i get MC for pc) share it with other so they can create their own ideas. the biggest idea i had was: i can use it to control survival map to keep certain areas controlled like farming, lights, spawners, traps, doors, secert areas, and automated defence. (but that will be a pc server project) but the limits with it are endless. i just need the permtutaion decoders smaller inorder to be compact for particle use. that was a little winded. Smile

RE: introduction post - Magic :^) - 02-23-2015

This whole thing sounds pretty interesting. I hope you realise that there will be a looong response time because of all of the encoding, decoding, and signal extension :O

(It's redstone, waiting a (long) while comes with the territory xD)

To be honest, I think you shouldn't start this until you have MC for PC. I don't think xbox minecraft has anything similar to WorldEdit. You NEED WorldEdit for this kind of stuff!

Trust me, it will save a lot of headache and hassle if you have the ability to //undo, //copy, //paste, and //stack stuff ^^

RE: introduction post - LordDecapo - 02-23-2015

(02-16-2015, 08:14 PM)martin of redwall Wrote: i got into redstone when i was promted to do so by a friend. i didnt really like it at frist but then i got extremely good i was within a few weeks making logic gates before i even knew what that was. i built clocks and even and ALU before my showed me youtube videos and i was they there close even identical to the "redstone youtubers". i soon found my self making things that are just awesome. but i only have it for the xbox 360 so i cant really share unless others have it for the xbox and want to check it out. i found this server by googling "redstone forums". im stuck on something and was hoping to find a couple of xbox players that would help me. if your interested in what it is ill explain it. i really hope i do! Smile

Add me on Xbox live, I wanna see your stuff
GT: LordDecapo

RE: introduction post - LordDecapo - 02-23-2015

Umm, you definitely need to add me on xbox, I started Redstone on the 360, and build some of the more advanced CPU architectures on this server (with the help of many OFC, gotta love the team work of ORE).
and I believe I figured a way to do this much smaller and faster.
you can incorporate the AI system into the "game board inputs" it self, and just have it out put the last known movement direction and position etc to the main logic controler.
I get off work at 4pm EST all this week, so add me and I'll hope on and try and give you a hand.

RE: introduction post - martin of redwall - 03-10-2015

(02-23-2015, 02:41 PM)LordDecapo Wrote: Umm, you definitely need to add me on xbox, I started Redstone on the 360, and build some of the more advanced CPU architectures on this server (with the help of many OFC, gotta love the team work of ORE).
and I believe I figured a way to do this much smaller and faster.
you can incorporate the AI system into the "game board inputs" it self, and just have it out put the last known movement direction and position etc to the main logic controler.
I get off work at 4pm EST all this week, so add me and I'll hope on and try and give you a hand.

hope i didnt wait too long for you. i have been havinf internet issues of which where just fixed today. very glad to see someone who does redstone on MC!!

RE: introduction post - LordDecapo - 03-11-2015

Not at all Big Grin just add me on Xbox live (same name) and let me know your gamer tag so I can add you back (I hate the new adding system)
I am mainly am on Netflix xD while playing on this server lol. Just message or add me and as long as I'm not zoned out I'll join u Big Grin lol