Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
introduction post - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: introduction post (/thread-5820.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

introduction post - martin of redwall - 02-16-2015

hello all on this forum! (or atleast to those who are reading it). i love working with redstone and making awesome things with them.
i like to make complex and simple contraptions that improve surivial and make creative mode fun.

RE: introduction post - PabloDons - 02-16-2015

great to meet you martin! may I ask what got you into redstone in the first place and how you found this server? I love hearing peoples stories, really.

RE: introduction post - martin of redwall - 02-16-2015

i got into redstone when i was promted to do so by a friend. i didnt really like it at frist but then i got extremely good i was within a few weeks making logic gates before i even knew what that was. i built clocks and even and ALU before my showed me youtube videos and i was they there close even identical to the "redstone youtubers". i soon found my self making things that are just awesome. but i only have it for the xbox 360 so i cant really share unless others have it for the xbox and want to check it out. i found this server by googling "redstone forums". im stuck on something and was hoping to find a couple of xbox players that would help me. if your interested in what it is ill explain it. i really hope i do! Smile

RE: introduction post - Nuuppanaani - 02-16-2015

Welcome Martin! Smile

well arent people on this forum nice! thanks for welcoming me. (most forums the senior staff dont say high to the newbies). and wow i messed up that reply.

(02-16-2015, 08:21 PM)martin of redwall Wrote: well arent people on this forum nice! thanks for welcoming me. (most forums the senior staff dont say high to the newbies). and wow i messed up that reply.

lol it's nice to hear. I would love to help you, do you not have minecraft for desktop? in which case I would be able to help you online. otherwise it's fine. tell me what your problem is Smile

(02-16-2015, 08:04 PM)PabloDons Wrote: great to meet you martin! may I ask what got you into redstone in the first place and how you found this server? I love hearing peoples stories, really.
i dont really know much about the stuff im reading on this forum. i hope i can learn but without a computer i dont really know. i hope by directly replying to you i can get an anwser. also i really hope i can fit in on this forum because i got little help else where.

(02-16-2015, 08:46 PM)PabloDons Wrote:
(02-16-2015, 08:21 PM)martin of redwall Wrote: well arent people on this forum nice! thanks for welcoming me. (most forums the senior staff dont say high to the newbies). and wow i messed up that reply.

lol it's nice to hear. I would love to help you, do you not have minecraft for desktop? in which case I would be able to help you online. otherwise it's fine. tell me what your problem is Smile
i dont have MC for the desktop sadly. but i can explain what im doing and my problem hope you can help. but frist do you have an understanding of comouter components like ram, prom and such? just so i know how to word things.

(02-16-2015, 08:47 PM)martin of redwall Wrote:
(02-16-2015, 08:04 PM)PabloDons Wrote: great to meet you martin! may I ask what got you into redstone in the first place and how you found this server? I love hearing peoples stories, really.
i dont really know much about the stuff im reading on this forum. i hope i can learn but without a computer i dont really know. i hope by directly replying to you i can get an anwser. also i really hope i can fit in on this forum because i got little help else where.

(02-16-2015, 08:46 PM)PabloDons Wrote:

i dont have MC for the desktop sadly. but i can explain what im doing and my problem hope you can help. but frist do you have an understanding of comouter components like ram, prom and such? just so i know how to word things.
actually yu know what dumb question. based on the stuff ive read so far i sure you do know. so here it is.
im trying to make an A.I. "computer" with adaptive learning. ok so i have a small three input with 36 outputs based on the inputs given. it does work. in oder to explain i will break the system into five parts then explain their relationship. part one input: the three inputs are pressure plates they feed into a one wire bus this bus can be contined an infinite distance. at the end is a component that decodes which input was used. (the flaw here is that the incoming signal has to be a pulse not a hard signal.) part two: the "ALU" this is a parallel of 36 order sensitive two input and three input decoders with built in RAM which allows the decoder to remember the last input since it will need either two or three inputs to active its output. once the output is sent the decoder resets to zero. part three: the direct output: all decoder singals go on to the same one wire bus to a decoder then the proper output is sent. the outputs for now are lamps. part four: counters and EEPROM: counters will count the amount of time a particluar sequence is used i cunnently have it set to three times this is also a self resetting component once the counter reaches three it sends a pulsed signal to EEPROM where the infromation is stored for a later time. part 5: quick lookup table: is is a parrallel of AND gates inwhich the primary input and EEPROM inputs are sent.
relationship: the primary input is sent ao a one wire bus to a bus decoder that signal is sent to the decoders processing wires each input is bussed parrallel to the decoders to allow one main signal source. the primary signal is also sent to the quick lookup tables (covered later). once at the decoders to imformation is processed by either a three input or two input decoder if insuffienct data is avaiable the current data is stored in its internal RAM once enought information is vailable the decoder sends out a signal to a bus line where it is incoded for transmtion along the one wire bus. the bus decoder will activate to proper output. the decoder signal is also sent to a counter which will count the number of times it that event happened once it reaches three (but can be changed to count up to 576 or 1,151 if you dont want auto reset) the signal is sent to EEPROM which is a slightly modified T-flipflop this information is a hard signal to the quick look up table to its event AND gate this turns on half the needed data. the primary input is sent and if its event has happen 3 times a signal is send straight to the output taking 2.3 seconds of delay out of the response.
the A.I. is the fact it can track inputs and a decide a direction of travel. the adaptive part is where an event is stored after three detections to quiken its response.
ill let that sink in and anwser any questions before i tell you some problems ive had. but it does work.

(02-16-2015, 08:47 PM)martin of redwall Wrote: im trying to make an A.I. "computer" with adaptive learning. ok so i have a small three input with 36 outputs based on the inputs given. it does work. in oder to explain i will break the system into five parts then explain their relationship. part one input: the three inputs are pressure plates they feed into a one wire bus this bus can be contined an infinite distance. at the end is a component that decodes which input was used. (the flaw here is that the incoming signal has to be a pulse not a hard signal.) part two: the "ALU" this is a parallel of 36 order sensitive two input and three input decoders with built in RAM which allows the decoder to remember the last input since it will need either two or three inputs to active its output. once the output is sent the decoder resets to zero. part three: the direct output: all decoder singals go on to the same one wire bus to a decoder then the proper output is sent. the outputs for now are lamps. part four: counters and EEPROM: counters will count the amount of time a particluar sequence is used i cunnently have it set to three times this is also a self resetting component once the counter reaches three it sends a pulsed signal to EEPROM where the infromation is stored for a later time. part 5: quick lookup table: is is a parrallel of AND gates inwhich the primary input and EEPROM inputs are sent.
relationship: the primary input is sent ao a one wire bus to a bus decoder that signal is sent to the decoders processing wires each input is bussed parrallel to the decoders to allow one main signal source. the primary signal is also sent to the quick lookup tables (covered later). once at the decoders to imformation is processed by either a three input or two input decoder if insuffienct data is avaiable the current data is stored in its internal RAM once enought information is vailable the decoder sends out a signal to a bus line where it is incoded for transmtion along the one wire bus. the bus decoder will activate to proper output. the decoder signal is also sent to a counter which will count the number of times it that event happened once it reaches three (but can be changed to count up to 576 or 1,151 if you dont want auto reset) the signal is sent to EEPROM which is a slightly modified T-flipflop this information is a hard signal to the quick look up table to its event AND gate this turns on half the needed data. the primary input is sent and if its event has happen 3 times a signal is send straight to the output taking 2.3 seconds of delay out of the response.
the A.I. is the fact it can track inputs and a decide a direction of travel. the adaptive part is where an event is stored after three detections to quiken its response.
ill let that sink in and anwser any questions before i tell you some problems ive had. but it does work.

woah A.I with adaptive learning :O.
I'm gonna need a simplification, I can only take in so much at a time. Is it a machine that takes inputs, based on the inputs decides a destination and if the same input is sent 3 times it quickens it's response? I was not able to quite understand how it works, but I think I can figure it out if you explain the problem

(02-16-2015, 10:26 PM)PabloDons Wrote:
(02-16-2015, 08:47 PM)martin of redwall Wrote: im trying to make an A.I. "computer" with adaptive learning. ok so i have a small three input with 36 outputs based on the inputs given. it does work. in oder to explain i will break the system into five parts then explain their relationship. part one input: the three inputs are pressure plates they feed into a one wire bus this bus can be contined an infinite distance. at the end is a component that decodes which input was used. (the flaw here is that the incoming signal has to be a pulse not a hard signal.) part two: the "ALU" this is a parallel of 36 order sensitive two input and three input decoders with built in RAM which allows the decoder to remember the last input since it will need either two or three inputs to active its output. once the output is sent the decoder resets to zero. part three: the direct output: all decoder singals go on to the same one wire bus to a decoder then the proper output is sent. the outputs for now are lamps. part four: counters and EEPROM: counters will count the amount of time a particluar sequence is used i cunnently have it set to three times this is also a self resetting component once the counter reaches three it sends a pulsed signal to EEPROM where the infromation is stored for a later time. part 5: quick lookup table: is is a parrallel of AND gates inwhich the primary input and EEPROM inputs are sent.

woah A.I with adaptive learning :O.
I'm gonna need a simplification, I can only take in so much at a time. Is it a machine that takes inputs, based on the inputs decides a destination and if the same input is sent 3 times it quickens it's response? I was not able to quite understand how it works, but I think I can figure it out if you explain the problem

ok here is an attatchment of a diagram of my system i hope it worked. im just going to send it now. i can make a way more detailed diagram if you need it i mean way more. but i made this before i started it as a template

RE: introduction post - greatgamer34 - 02-17-2015

Welcome to ORE... Home of the..... welcome!