Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
New Theme Feedback - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: New Theme Feedback (/thread-5708.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New Theme Feedback - tyler569 - 02-02-2015

Been working with a friend with regard to the possible redesign of the ORE main page i previously mentioned, and he's given me the green light to post his initial concept for feedback.

My friend is making an account right now so he can respond to feedbacks, his forum name is A.J.

As promised: the concept.

RE: New Theme Feedback - A.J. - 02-02-2015

Specifically, any thoughts on the content area(where the two paragraphs of text are located, and the sidebar/quicklinks(server URLs area)). General thoughts are also welcome, though whether or not it fits the theme/I think is a good idea is up to me/tyler me thinks.

Also, whoever did the banner for the YouTube account: Kudos whoever you are. I literally took the idea from that banner and turned it into this draft.

RE: New Theme Feedback - Nickster258 - 02-02-2015

I think it looked rather sleek. Great and simple design.

RE: New Theme Feedback - greatgamer34 - 02-02-2015

Im diggin it!

RE: New Theme Feedback - Legofreak - 02-02-2015

It's ok. I feel like its missing something. It needs something to make it pop. Maybe we need a logo.

RE: New Theme Feedback - PabloDons - 02-02-2015

can you actually post the html/css file so I can play around with it? anyway I think it looks really cool, but the buttons kinda need to be more button like. They are kinda blending in in my opinion. also with the content below the server list is also kinda blending in a little bit, that is technical information and needs to be separated from the rest of the content. other than that really looks cool with the color scheme and graphics

RE: New Theme Feedback - Magic :^) - 02-02-2015

I was thinking about the logo thing too... It's a minor issue and can honestly be sorted out at any time though :3

RE: New Theme Feedback - PabloDons - 02-02-2015

I made a go at the logo myself since it looked a little too spread out, I kept the colors but I couldn't find the same font you where using so I chose myself. either way it might just be me but I find compact logos to be the best, you could even add in a little bit more graphic after the "Open" part, maybe the classic lamp+piston
[Image: 5jfRX7c.png]

RE: New Theme Feedback - A.J. - 02-02-2015

Thanks for the complements! Big Grin

(02-02-2015, 10:10 PM)PabloDons Wrote: can you actually post the html/css file so I can play around with it? anyway I think it looks really cool, but the buttons kinda need to be more button like. They are kinda blending in in my opinion. also with the content below the server list is also kinda blending in a little bit, that is technical information and needs to be separated from the rest of the content. other than that really looks cool with the color scheme and graphics
It's an image created in Photoshop displayed in an html file, no real markup/style sheeting has been done as of yet. Have to get the design finalized before that starts.

The navigation links will have some css selector parameters to make it not so plain.

I was confused what you were specifically talking about in the last two sentences, until I realized it was targeted at my use at white space. Yeah, it could definetly use something to distinguish between the main content area and the sidebar. I'm still thinking about how to improve it. I think the main reasons it's like that is due to me getting hungry when I got to the page content and lost my creative energy.

Edit: Got ninja'd while posting on my tablet.

(02-02-2015, 10:58 PM)PabloDons Wrote: I made a go at the logo myself since it looked a little too spread out, I kept the colors but I couldn't find the same font you where using so I chose myself.
[Image: 5jfRX7c.png]
https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Josefin+Sans
I'll certainly play with some ideas surrounding that.

(02-02-2015, 10:58 PM)PabloDons Wrote: either way it might just be me but I find compact logos to be the best, you could even add in a little bit more graphic after the "Open" part, maybe the classic lamp+piston
I thought about doing the same thing, the problem is not making it look corny. I've been playing around the idea of making a simplistic piston attached to a glowstone block redstone lamp...Just need to sit down and hammer one out and see how it turns out.

RE: New Theme Feedback - Nickster258 - 02-02-2015

My only suggestion is to make the area where the IPs are listed to be more defined. Because there is no clear transition between the IPs and the descriptive paragraphs, I feel like it doesn't flow as easily.