Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Brain Storm - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: Brain Storm (/thread-5562.html)

Pages: 1 2

Brain Storm - greatgamer34 - 01-13-2015

Hey guy's, im going back to college next week which means I will be active on the server again.

Anyway, I want some ideas of what to build that would be unique, and still probable.

Anyone can contribute or use ideas here! Smile

RE: Brain Storm - VoltzLive - 01-13-2015

u shld mak a 4 ghz redson compuuter it would be so cool!

On a more serious note; It would be cool for you to build a new computer.
Maybe when that's done I can interface it with IizR, Ntwedes, and if he ever fucking builds it Embi's computer. A redstone network running 4 different CPU archs would be a feat amazing beyond compare.

RE: Brain Storm - Phase - 01-13-2015

ternary calculator
w/ hex
cause swag

but a new computer sounds cool

also, when I go back to school, I don't have time to go on the server. (maybe you should like, do homework or something)

RE: Brain Storm - Noah7545 - 01-14-2015

The redstone network would be sick, if you go ahead with that I would love to help! Also I think someone should make a central way to use other (volunteering people of course) computers, each computer connected to the network should have a small data sheet for it an we could use command blocks for the communications (redstone would require miles of bussing.

RE: Brain Storm - GISED_Link - 01-14-2015

Yes, the network is maybe the best idea. But if you make a Router, it will automatically be big (because you need some RAM in it... ). But it something that is not made yet (as a real network with a dynamic table of adress)

And I will finish to build my telegraph, so with it you will be able to send and receive messages easily.

RE: Brain Storm - Noah7545 - 01-15-2015

(01-14-2015, 08:19 PM)GISED_Link Wrote: Yes, the network is maybe the best idea. But if you make a Router, it will automatically be big (because you need some RAM in it... ). But it something that is not made yet (as a real network with a dynamic table of adress)

And I will finish to build my telegraph, so with it you will be able to send and receive messages easily.

Can I see how the telegraph works? Is it serial? I think I'm going to work on the rednet design

RE: Brain Storm - greatgamer34 - 01-15-2015

I wanna try an A-sync CPU :3

RE: Brain Storm - GISED_Link - 01-16-2015

A-sync CPU ? It's a greate - gamer- idea ! (jeu de mot pourri spoted ...)

But... What is a A-Sync CPU exactly ? Because I know that we can set a number of cycle for each instrcution or we can use repeaters lines to set the time of the instructions...

Maybe A-Sync doesn't affect only the instructions ?

@Noah7545

For the moment, it sends nothing. It soon can store and read value in its EEPROM. So you maybe can use it to have a message to send. I have build my layer 1 protcol, but it is not very useful if you haven't the layer 2 (because the layer 2 can send "messages" and create a connection). So, for the moment... This project stay in background.

RE: Brain Storm - VoltzLive - 01-16-2015

asynchronous CPUs make me cry really hard.... just the thought of having an arbiter and hand shake between each component makes me creierrday.

RE: Brain Storm - greatgamer34 - 01-16-2015

well i got the idea when i was working on making Simon. I use an A-sync clock with 3 stages and a termination phase.