Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Projects (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder (/thread-5493.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - LordDecapo - 01-28-2015

(01-27-2015, 06:08 AM)The Magical Gentleman Wrote: Big Grin

decap was able to run it on his phone before iirc, I think he had to compile everything himself tho

The jar version works on anything with a mouse and keyboard and supports java for the most part.
as for my mobile version.... let's not talk about that xD my compile way didn't work fully... but I did find a relatively easy way to port it over with not many changes (since android can run java).
just been to lazy to port it... 8 really want to tho xD who knows I may start back on that.
if anyone wants to help PM me

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - Magic :^) - 01-30-2015

IT'S 4 TICKS!!

Big Grin

I made a special xor gate to save a tick, so now it's pretty fast. I also sacrificed a lot of signal strength for the output though, but I would be putting a shifter on the end etc. anyways for the alu so it shouldn't matter too much :3

So basically I made an xor that is 1 tick in one side, and 2 ticks in the other. It doesn't depend on input strenghts, but a low input strength on the 1-tick side will give a low output strength.

[Image: wwwg5IB.png]

The xor:
[Image: wPExEny.png]

[Image: 11kzPyq.png]

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - GISED_Link - 01-30-2015

Well done !

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - Yap7 - 02-01-2015

Ho, so it really wasn't a CLE Adder?

Good job for making it 4 ticks, if it become the new best design for adder in cpu, I'll have a fun time saying I failed my trial by building the very first one.

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - Magic :^) - 02-01-2015

Your genius was just too much for them to comprehend xD

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - Magic :^) - 03-03-2015

UPDATE:

.. well a late update really.

me and embi made a 4 tick 4 wide CCA a good while ago, and have been messing around with it for a while. It has a signal strength problem where in some cases it only outputs 1 signal strength Sad

However!
I have designed a 4 tick 5 wide CCA which has 4 signal strength output worst case, and has the possibility of being expanded to be able to perform 4 tick 9bit calculations?!
idek anymore xD

I'm using this design in my new dataloop for my new CPU.
The aluified design has many possibilities too, like a feasible 7 tick accumulator based dataloop.
(you could go for 6 if you wanted a headache)

no pics because i'm sleepy. You can find the newest design at ./warp cca

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - PNWMan - 03-27-2015

A while ago i made a derpy adder called the SCI (Section-Carry Inversion) Adder. It ended up having two carries and was an overcomplicated RCA. Imagine a derpy 2's complement device with tons of crap added on: that's what the SCI adder turned into.

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - LordDecapo - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 06:31 PM)PNWMan Wrote: A while ago i made a derpy adder called the SCI (Section-Carry Inversion) Adder. It ended up having two carries and was an overcomplicated RCA. Imagine a derpy 2's complement device with tons of crap added on: that's what the SCI adder turned into.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!  Haven't seen u online in ages. XD

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - Magic :^) - 03-27-2015

ooh based on carry select?
I've toyed with the idea of carry select, but no matter how I see it the time it takes to select the outputs ends up around the same speed or slower than a normal carry system.
The control signal busing is so critically timed it is pretty much useless. Once you add a repeater to your cout and point it at the mux, any performance you would have gained is already lost ;-;

RE: The CCA - Carry-Cancel Adder - CrazyGuy108 - 06-19-2015

(01-26-2015, 12:04 AM)MagicalGentleman Wrote: For the lulz I made a diagonal CCA ALU. Now might be a good time to point out that all the ALU designs I have for this are OR based.

It's 7 ticks (5+2 because inverters)... but hey, it's got good throughput Big Grin

[Image: 2tlbewN.png]
[Image: 3vTGE66.png]
[Image: XmiGiA9.png]
[Image: dTxHiq0.png]

How do you get the OR function in a CCA ALU?