Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Build Application: Yap7 - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Moderation (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-94.html)
+--- Forum: Build Server Applications (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: Approved For Trial (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: Build Application: Yap7 (/thread-5312.html)

Build Application: Yap7 - Yap7 - 12-18-2014

Hello, after one year wandering on the server as visitor, I will make my application. I didn't want before because I still don't know how an ALU works and I don't see anything I could do for the trial.

Minecraft name:
Yap7

What do you like the most about redstone?:
Find someone who had work days on a system and build the same system within some minutes. And make the system faster and smaller by the way.

More seriously, I like to find ways to make redstone systems as compact as possible, and without using pistons nor command blocks, because I was already saying we can do everything with redstone before the pistons and command blocks was here.

What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:
Nothing. All the systems I build are way too small and they looks like its a trivial thing to do. Sometime I even have to add useless components just to make it look bigger.

But I heard you like Adder and stuff like that, so let's talk about my full adder that I name, the Full Endder

What does the thing do?:
It's an adder, it add 2 16-bits numbers. But it works with signal lenght. So in the picture, there is also a binairy to numeric converter and a numeric to binairy converter. The actual full Adder is only the endder stone blocks. Without the converter it look like this.

Image and/or video, from imgur.com or youtube.com:
If you're bored, there is also my Youtube channel (in french, but for the "Morpion compact" video which had english subtitles).
Some other images:
A programmable logic gate
A Tic Tac Toe
Back view of the Tic Tac Toe
A binairy to numeric converter
A numeric to binairy converter

And I have other things but I forgot their english name...

Do you agree with the rules?:
Yes, except the part about using imgur for the pictures, because I don't know how it works.

RE: Build Application: Yap7 - VoltzLive - 12-18-2014

HI I'M JOHN AND I DON'T KNOW THAT I'M NOT ALOUT TO POST ON APPLICATIONS! CAUSE I'M DEEDEEDEE,... but yes I'm no aloud too as I'm not staff..
<3 Decapo..

This is the best build app I have seen in a very, VERY long time...

Could anyone confirm that these are original builds?

(also Imgur isn't a rule, just a recommendation)

edit again, I watched a few of your videos,While I don't understand French, I do understand the redstone, You have every mannerism of a seasoned ORE member already... I have no doubt in my mind you will fly past the trial.

Update : After seeing the trial and getting a bigger picture I would suggest sending Yap7 to school....

RE: Build Application: Yap7 - LordDecapo - 12-18-2014

Badamndamn. .. that's a perfect example of a well thought out application. Accepted! As long as u can build something more advanced then an RCA ALU for trial then ur all good! Big Grin
I appreciate u taking it as seriously as u did.

RE: Build Application: Yap7 - Yap7 - 12-27-2014

(12-18-2014, 07:47 PM)VoltzLive Wrote: Update : After seeing the trial and getting a bigger picture I would suggest sending Yap7 to school....

That or I build something so advanced that nobody understand it. I learned some "redstone vocabulary" after my failure so now I think I can explain this system better.

But like I said, the trial is really hard for me. You test knowledge and not skill, so for me which don't know any component's name, I haven't any way to pass the trial, even if I build something more advanced than an ALU.

RE: Build Application: Yap7 - GISED_Link - 12-28-2014

(12-18-2014, 07:47 PM)VoltzLive Wrote: Update : After seeing the trial and getting a bigger picture I would suggest sending Yap7 to school....

I'm so afraid to read those words ...

I'm playing Minecraft with Yap for more than 2 years now and I can say that he is one of the best french redstoner. He has created so many original creations, so compact things...

But as Yap has said himself, he doesn't have the vocabulary to understand what you were talking about (at the beginning, me too). So I cannot understand why you base the trial on your own knowledge rather than the candidate's skills.

I admit that we have to know the usual vocabulary that you use. But I haven't understood why you haven't considered Yap's skills. And that makes me sad.

RE: Build Application: Yap7 - amh11706 - 12-28-2014

(12-28-2014, 02:53 PM)GISED_Link Wrote:

I'm so afraid to read those words ...

I'm playing Minecraft with Yap for more than 2 years now and I can say that he is one of the best french redstoner. He has created so many original creations, so compact things...

But as Yap has said himself, he doesn't have the vocabulary to understand what you were talking about (at the beginning, me too). So I cannot understand why you base the trial on your own knowledge rather than the candidate's skills.

I admit that we have to know the usual vocabulary that you use. But I haven't understood why you haven't considered Yap's skills. And that makes me sad.

I agree that Yap has the logic skills and if it were up to me he would pass the trial on that alone. However, there should be no shame in going to "school" even if it's just to learn the vocabulary. Being able to describe your device is almost more important than understanding it yourself when it comes to a group server like this. I'm rooting for you to pass either way Yap Big Grin

RE: Build Application: Yap7 - Nuuppanaani - 12-29-2014

(12-27-2014, 10:30 PM)Yap7 Wrote:

That or I build something so advanced that nobody understand it. I learned some "redstone vocabulary" after my failure so now I think I can explain this system better.

But like I said, the trial is really hard for me. You test knowledge and not skill, so for me which don't know any component's name, I haven't any way to pass the trial, even if I build something more advanced than an ALU.

Thank you for the feedback.

The reason why we test your knowledge of the build is to make sure it was you who designed it and it isn't just copied from someone else. I feel this method is both fair and efficient.

Reminder for everyone else: you may not post in other people's applications unless you are a staff member.