Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Self Motivation and Ranks! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Self Motivation and Ranks! (/thread-504.html)

Self Motivation and Ranks! - Dcentrics - 07-05-2013

Back before we made this awesome server most of us were members of the RDF. Also I remember the Drive to Guru everybody had in their head when they were building their creations. So I was thinking and thought what if we added some ranks to get people motivated to do redstone? Let me know what you think!

RE: Self Motivation and Ranks! - Xeomorpher - 07-05-2013

We dropped the rank system for a number of reasons: the majority of the community agreed with it.

RE: Self Motivation and Ranks! - Guy1234567890 - 07-05-2013

^

RE: Self Motivation and Ranks! - Billman555555 - 07-05-2013

Hmm I Think There Should At Least Be Like An Engineer And Maybey A Scientest Rank Or
Something.

RE: Self Motivation and Ranks! - mort96 - 07-05-2013

Some reasons we dropped ranks:
1. When people got promoted for thinks which arguably wasn't worth the promotion, which is guaranteed to happen at some point or another, people tended to get hard feelings, making a less than pleasent atmosphere at times. People also occationally looked down at the person who got promoted.

2. Ranks were in effect a popularity contest. If you're a redstone genius, but not that active in chat and you aren't comfortable asking an admin to come look, chanses are very slim you'll get promoted even if you deserve it.

3. If you get the highest promotion, then become inactive for months or even years, then come back - what do we do? Redstone has probably evolved while you've been gone, and you're most likely not pro anymore. Do we demote you or let you have a misleading rank? Neither option is exactly great.

I think this is more or less what made us decide. Feel free to come with more if I forgot anything Tongue

RE: Self Motivation and Ranks! - tomys - 07-05-2013

(07-05-2013, 01:25 PM)mort96 Wrote: Some reasons we dropped ranks:
3. If you get the highest promotion, then become inactive for months or even years, then come back - what do we do? Redstone has probably evolved while you've been gone, and you're most likely not pro anymore. Do we demote you or let you have a misleading rank? Neither option is exactly great.

you see why i love being member?

RE: Self Motivation and Ranks! - newomaster - 07-05-2013

If you build good creations you can show them off with social media sites like YouTube. If you wish to have motivation, start a channel and try to get popular or something.

RE: Self Motivation and Ranks! - JeremyG - 07-05-2013

Or have as goal that it's so cool I have to showcase it. It's possible, get on it fellas!

RE: Self Motivation and Ranks! - Xray_Doc - 07-05-2013

[Waffle]