Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
My new batch script, OpenLOIC - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: My new batch script, OpenLOIC (/thread-5006.html)

My new batch script, OpenLOIC - gtaguy235 - 11-02-2014

OpenLOIC
Hi, this is gta and yes, I know I haven't been on very recently due to me moving up to high school and the amount of homework. Anyways, I have been making a batch script which stress tests servers or even desktop computers, routers or any networked hardware.

Why I made it
A lot of you probably know about the program called LOIC or Low Orbit Ion Cannon,
it is a server stress test (or mainly DOS) program which is very popular to script kiddies. It is a windows executable file so you can't see the source code.
So, as I like programming I decided to create my own stress test script in batch so the source code is viewable and not encrypted.

One thing I REALLY want to point out is that I really don't want this code to be used maliciously, so if you are here to get a program to DOS someone or something like that, please don't. I intended this program to be non-malicious and used for stress testing servers or routers. It is currently is the beta stage, but I figured I would post it anyway.

***************UPDATE***************
I have posted a much improved version called MultiLOIC. I would seriously recommend trying it. It is a lot more powerful than OpenLOIC. thx!

RE: My new batch script, OpenLOIC - AltruismAndCake - 11-03-2014

http://imgur.com/YZTODHd

Did I do something wrong? My computer didn't crash.

RE: My new batch script, OpenLOIC - gtaguy235 - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 05:17 PM)AltruismAndCake Wrote: http://imgur.com/YZTODHd

Lol, it is in development and I am trying to make it a more powerful application. But, you can try it with your router and then see if your internet slows down. Good Luck and thanks for the response.

(11-03-2014, 05:17 PM)AltruismAndCake Wrote: http://imgur.com/YZTODHd

Posted updated version which is slightly more intensive.Smile

RE: My new batch script, OpenLOIC - AltruismAndCake - 11-03-2014

I tried it again except the ip was 192.168.1.2. No difference in internet browsing AFAIK. Is there supposed to be around a 10 second gap between each tracert? The pings don't show up in the log while the tracert does. Any specific reason for that?

BTW if this is more for internet/router strength testing, then I don't know how much help I can be. The main reason I came is because I saw "stress test ... desktop computers" and just wanted to show off xD.

OK I tried 1.1 and I think it still made no difference on 192.168.1.2. In fact my internet may have started going faster than it usually does. And no the pages I'm visiting aren't cached.

CPU ranged from 0%-3% where 25% means 1 full core is in use. It is a quad core CPU. Do you need more details?

Also tried it on 192.168.1.1 no difference except tracert took 3ms instead of <1ms

I made a new reply because I tried something and it STILL didn't make much difference... I spawned 4 OpenLOICs at the same time. Are you sure this method works or is my Windows acting strangely efficient?

RE: My new batch script, OpenLOIC - TSO - 11-04-2014

Your problem is that most computers aren't stupid enough to table 100% of the cpu time to one task. Getting even 50% to one task is a feat in itself.

The only way I can think of to maximize your damage will be to use the SIMD vector operations that most intel computers have, then try to approximate the division of the largest possible number that can be held in the SIMD register and the smallest possible number that fits in the SIMD register and do it using double precision foating point (this is an assembly program). After that, you will need to convince the operating system that this program deserves the right to use more than 50% cpu time (this is a manifest written in C). Aim for a priority level of 26 (this is the windows code for realtime class priority: thread priority highest ), because there is no way in hell the operating system will give you 31 (realtme class priority: thread priority critical). I think it will only allow 11 and under, but just aim for 26. There is good chance you will be flagged as a virus, considering that the program is telling the computer that all user input tasks, the entire operating system shell, and a large portion of the keyboard are of lower priority than your program (they all are at level 13), so your manifest will also need to grant privilege to the task of a higher level than administrator. This privilege level is called SYSTEM; only the login process, device drivers for the memory units, keyboard input buffering tasks, and cygwin have this privilege on a windows computer.
Any task requesting table time will be granted the time before a task of lower priority. All tasks of equal priority share the same amount of time, but will be tabled should a higher priority task arise. A task of priority 31 is granted the maximum possible time, with losses only for the operating system to schedule more time for it to consume.

RE: My new batch script, OpenLOIC - gtaguy235 - 11-04-2014

(11-03-2014, 09:07 PM)AltruismAndCake Wrote: I tried it again except the ip was 192.168.1.2. No difference in internet browsing AFAIK. Is there supposed to be around a 10 second gap between each tracert? The pings don't show up in the log while the tracert does. Any specific reason for that?

BTW if this is more for internet/router strength testing, then I don't know how much help I can be. The main reason I came is because I saw "stress test ... desktop computers" and just wanted to show off xD.

OK I tried 1.1 and I think it still made no difference on 192.168.1.2. In fact my internet may have started going faster than it usually does. And no the pages I'm visiting aren't cached.

CPU ranged from 0%-3% where 25% means 1 full core is in use. It is a quad core CPU. Do you need more details?

Also tried it on 192.168.1.1 no difference except tracert took 3ms instead of <1ms

I made a new reply because I tried something and it STILL didn't make much difference... I spawned 4 OpenLOICs at the same time. Are you sure this method works or is my Windows acting strangely efficient?
The ping doesn't show in the log because I used ping>nul