Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Hello, I'm me! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Hello, I'm me! (/thread-50.html)

Hello, I'm me! - mad1231999 - 04-19-2013

Well hello there, people of the intertubes! I'm mad1231999, Mads, Anickyan, or whoever I might be.

Let me tell you about the RDF. I've had quite a few late nights with the RDF. I got Minecraft around July 2011, after a friend told me about it. I absolutely loved it. I started playing around with Survival, and some mods and shit, but it wasn't really fun. Then I found Berick and Blue's GIZMO, which truly amazed me(shame they're not active anymore).

So, I became interested in redstone. My first real creation was a boobytrap on my friend's server. We were both amazed, and decided to do something more advanced, and it turned into a combination lock. Not order-sensitive or anything, very basic.

Now, to make a long story short, I learned a bit of redstone, and became pretty good at it. I joined the RDF in September 2011, and was told to log on the server for my trial. Koblaja immediately made me shit my pants by telling me that it was damn hard to pass the trial Tongue.

But I did. I built an 8 bit adder/subtractor with 2 bytes of memory, which could be read into either the A or B input of the AU. I've since then been on RDF, and I have actually NEVER completed anything 0_o

So, I eventually got into programming, more specifically Java. That was a horrible idea. Java sucks(kids, don't do it!). I spent alot of time with it, and it was really interesting. I created alot of shitty games and stuff. Mort then showed me a Minecraft mod called ComputerCraft. It allowed players to program computers inside Minecraft using the scripting language Lua. I thought it was a fun language, and it was really easy to learn.

I did alot of stuff, got a bit into web development and stuff like that. Then me and XxDOTxX started the Mighty Squirrel Chat in Skype. This chat contains countless "veteran" RDFians, who are also programmers, and it's pretty fucked up. They convinced me to learn C++, which I am endlessly thankful for. It's awesome, and much better than Java or something like that.

Then this server came along, after alot of Minecraft-inactivity, and I finally had a place to play on, where the old RDF community(and the newbies) were. So, that's it.

- Mads

RE: Hello, I'm me! - EDevil - 04-19-2013

Never knew that you've created Computercraft! Never used it do, but youtube is full with explanation vids Big Grin. Cool story & i'll see you on the server

RE: Hello, I'm me! - Nickster258 - 04-19-2013

Wait... you made computercraft!!!! D: I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN D:<

RE: Hello, I'm me! - mad1231999 - 04-19-2013

No, I didn't make ComputerCraft xD I just said that mort showed me it.
It was created by Daniel Ratcliffe.

RE: Hello, I'm me! - VirtualPineapple - 04-20-2013

A lot is two separate words! Had to get that out of me :3 or however that expression goes.

RE: Hello, I'm me! - Nickster258 - 04-20-2013

(04-19-2013, 10:02 PM)mad1231999 Wrote: No, I didn't make ComputerCraft xD I just said that mort showed me it.
It was created by Daniel Ratcliffe.

I was about to get really fond of you. xD