Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Ideas for server rules - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Ideas for server rules (/thread-4975.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Ideas for server rules - AFtExploision - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 12:32 AM)greatgamer34 Wrote: you guys are fucking harsh, holy shit.. The thing WRONG with ORE (Yeas i said 'wrong') , is that people are outraged when they are temp banned.. Thats why this started.

Would you like to contribute? @Tyler/ aft? Or are you just gonna bash ideas??

Can't disagree a lot of people think they are exempt from punishment

RE: Ideas for server rules - tyler569 - 11-03-2014

greatgamer34 Wrote:Would you like to contribute? @Tyler/ aft? Or are you just gonna bash ideas??

I'm simply trying to be (what I perceive as) a voice of reason, considering during my year+ as an RDF/ORE admin nothing even close to these ideas have ever been sustained more than to dismiss them. Maybe something major has changed in the last 2 months, but it seems to me current admins' attempts to enforce rules more strictly *is* the problem, and increasing this/sustaining this thread would only add fuel to the fire.

I do not have time (between schoolwork and my social life (IknowomgIhaveRLfriends)) to keep up with every development or put a lot of effort into ideas. I also don't think I need to, I haven't seen a compelling argument why change is necessary.

EDIT: Especially considering you've convinced a grand total of 2 people to agree with you (according to your poll)

RE: Ideas for server rules - greatgamer34 - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 01:46 PM)tyler569 Wrote:
greatgamer34 Wrote:Would you like to contribute? @Tyler/ aft? Or are you just gonna bash ideas??

I'm simply trying to be (what I perceive as) a voice of reason, considering during my year+ as an RDF/ORE admin nothing even close to these ideas have ever been sustained more than to dismiss them. Maybe something major has changed in the last 2 months, but it seems to me current admins' attempts to enforce rules more strictly *is* the problem, and increasing this/sustaining this thread would only add fuel to the fire.

I do not have time (between schoolwork and my social life (IknowomgIhaveRLfriends)) to keep up with every development or put a lot of effort into ideas. I also don't think I need to, I haven't seen a compelling argument why change is necessary.

EDIT: Especially considering you've convinced a grand total of 2 people to agree with you (according to your poll)

Im just fucking pissed that i get fucking yelled at and called a badmin when i do my job... So ok... We dont need new rules. But i am not gonna tolerate getting reprimanded for temp banning someone.. Simple as that..

RE: Ideas for server rules - Xray_Doc - 11-03-2014

I want to throw some of my two cents in here. I play on a sandbox garrys mod server and they are very strict on their rules. They expect you to be aware of their rules found when you join and on their loading screen. You only get warning or if the damage is bad enough it's an instant permanent ban. And you know what? They're the most popular sandbox server on gmod. My point is, you either have to define your server as one that can easily connect to new people with not just admins, but all admins. Or a server that strictly enforces rules and expects all new users and even members to uphold to them. Memebers shouldn't get special privileges, but neither should visitors or guests.

RE: Ideas for server rules - PhysoniumI - 11-16-2014

So... warn them about them reprimanding you and follow your standard course of action GG...

TBH set-in-stone rules are stupid as there are always case-by-case variances.

Altruism hit the nail on the head.

You can't have "specific" rules when no one ever enforces them at the same level. Without uniform enforcement, people get butthurt and yell. People being overly harsh? People get butthurt and yell. Simple as that...

Everyone has their 'friends'. Say, GG, you REALLY like this one person. They can fuck around and be rude when you're on. Say they overstep the bounds of another admin and they get booped so hard they get kicked off the server (maybe for a week).

Favoritism is the downfall of any system (as it also introduces the aformentioned inconsistiency).

Yeah, I want carousing through the forums as I was bored. Shh.

TBH, this is not meant to be harsh if you were referred to in this post. You were used as an example, nothing more (and maybe ficticiously). Not at all passive-agressive. (Nor sarcastic)

RE: Ideas for server rules - Apuly - 12-30-2014

Thank god its just a bot