Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Ideas for server rules - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Ideas for server rules (/thread-4975.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Ideas for server rules - TSO - 10-29-2014

Does the server keep a record of bans? If so, I'm going to add in exceptions based upon time between infractions.

RE: Ideas for server rules - greatgamer34 - 10-29-2014

yes there is a record IIRC

Okay, next question. Is the guest rank for the people approved for trial, but have not successfully completed the trial? If so, I think we can bundle them with students. If not, I'll separate the two again.

I also included a two day minimum after contestation before a ban may be revoked so that the administration may come to a consensus and so that the user may consider their actions.

RE: Ideas for server rules - Xray_Doc - 10-29-2014

Yes, that's what the guest rank is.

Then I just need to format and proofread, and the first draft of the banning process and terms of service will be complete. I did copy the old terms of service in, and I don't think I altered them, I merely added expectations for administrators and some advice for students.

If you are a member, it will take 8 warnings for your first ban, but you will be demoted to guest for a week after three warnings within three months.

I also added in a statement about intentionally misguiding students resulting in a ban.

The "additional staff guidelines" you'll probably want to review.
I'm also considering recall elections if an administrator has too many of their bans revoked in a period of time, but this isn't written in because that would be a large change to an unrelated portion of ORE policy.

i changed the title from ban policy to disciplinary policy.

RE: Ideas for server rules - Nickster258 - 10-29-2014

(10-28-2014, 10:02 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: this is in announcement's i guess for anyone who thought edits were needed. I should have made that more clear. I will update this with everyones opinions as it gets talked about and debated. I took quite a bit of time to type this up, but it was still only a rough draft.

I call bullshit. The original post did not have 'Ideas for server rules' yet more of a statement of 'This is the new system'. Only after the community backlash did you change it.

(10-29-2014, 05:21 AM)Nickster258 Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 10:02 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: this is in announcement's i guess for anyone who thought edits were needed. I should have made that more clear. I will update this with everyones opinions as it gets talked about and debated. I took quite a bit of time to type this up, but it was still only a rough draft.

I call bullshit. The original post did not have 'Ideas for server rules' yet more of a statement of 'This is the new system'. Only after the community backlash did you change it.

this was the original idea.. Look at the poll no(please explain why so we can edit it).. or something along those lines... Believe what you wish.

RE: Ideas for server rules - Nickster258 - 10-29-2014

(10-29-2014, 05:22 AM)greatgamer34 Wrote:
(10-29-2014, 05:21 AM)Nickster258 Wrote:

this was the original idea.. Look at the poll no(please explain why so we can edit it).. or something along those lines... Believe what you wish.

We needed NO new guidelines for enforcing bans. None whatsoever. It is, as Guy said, common sense.

You clearly haven't read what the document currently states. It describes the evolution of your ban, how you should conduct yourself (which has not changed from the original terms of service, except that I added a line about lying to students), how the admins should conduct themselves to help minimize situations such as the current one, and minimum required staff for certain types of ban. As a whole, users will not notice anything different about their experience, except that the administrative decisions are encouraged to be as public as possible, and you aren't allowed to deliberately lie to students about redstone stuff.

Staff are advised to conduct themselves with dignity and set an example for the users, but the restrictions on user's speech have been removed. A ban will only occur if the staff determine what you say has malicious intent.