Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Ideas for server rules - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Ideas for server rules (/thread-4975.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Ideas for server rules - greatgamer34 - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 11:06 PM)TSO Wrote: My question for the staff would be the following: is it better to ban everybody for even the slightest infraction, or ban nobody for even the largest infraction?

can we meet in the middle? theres gotta be a way.

(10-28-2014, 11:06 PM)TSO Wrote: @Everyone: I advise we don't just leave this to the staff. They are deciding their policy for banning us, and at least one of them has given us the opportunity to say how we think it should be done.

that was my original intent, it just wasnt clear.

RE: Ideas for server rules - TSO - 10-28-2014

You can meet in the middle, but I am speaking of the tone and mindset of the system. To outside observers, yours would seem to lean toward the first. At the moment, mine tends to be more toward the latter, but mine is rather tedious.

RE: Ideas for server rules - greatgamer34 - 10-28-2014

ill set up a drive document and give a shareable link in this post so anyone/everyone can be a part of this. Ill post my original crap in there, but anyone can modify it ofc..

Its just to get it started..

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xduoJSsxABqiQ3TvaWL32CO5g5jgOxCuHdc4jTGjJRY/edit?usp=sharing

there it is

RE: Ideas for server rules - Xray_Doc - 10-29-2014

I hope everyone cuts GG a bit of slack. While his actions may not be viewed as the best by the admin team, his mind is in the right place. Also, the title of this thread says these were only ideas.

RE: Ideas for server rules - greatgamer34 - 10-29-2014

(10-29-2014, 12:05 AM)Xray_Doc Wrote: I hope everyone cuts GG a bit of slack. While his actions may not be viewed as the best by the admin team, his mind is in the right place. Also, the title of this thread says these were only ideas.

i just changed the title.. Previously it was a bit...umm...Dictator-like. When i created this thread i had to leave for class so i rushed the title. Its renamed just to.. make it more friendly..

thanks doc' <3

RE: Ideas for server rules - TSO - 10-29-2014

The original title: "New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell"

That out of the way, I think GG does his job pretty well for the most part. There are things that he should try to address, but they don't have an affect on his ability to do his job.

I can't modify it at all. (you have a spelling error.)

RE: Ideas for server rules - PabloDons - 10-29-2014

I'm still going to say that if it's not broken, don't fix it. that would break it.

If you're going to make rules, the openness of ORE is pretty much gone. The guidelines are perfectly fine and has worked out since the start of the server, it's what kept it up until today. If you absolutely must. Making rules is just making everything complicated. I am sure all staff are capable of making such decisions by themselves. It's not about teaching people a lesson, it's about making it better for others.

RE: Ideas for server rules - greatgamer34 - 10-29-2014

(10-29-2014, 12:10 AM)TSO Wrote: The original title: "New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell"

That out of the way, I think GG does his job pretty well for the most part. There are things that he should try to address, but they don't have an affect on his ability to do his job.

I can't modify it at all. (you have a spelling error.)

should be fixed

RE: Ideas for server rules - Guy1234567890 - 10-29-2014

I think common sense can be a good guideline for how to deal with inappropriate behavior. In addition, staff should be held to the highest standard: meaning that whatever staff does should also be permissible for a member, visitor, etc.

RE: Ideas for server rules - Xray_Doc - 10-29-2014

Yeah I didn't realize it was an edit, I've been home sick all day and I'm tired