Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
my application - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Moderation (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-94.html)
+--- Forum: Build Server Applications (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: Approved For Trial (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: my application (/thread-4830.html)

my application - amazingblob - 10-06-2014

my name is: amazingblob
I like building computers with redstone
this big computer with a 3 byte ALU, 192 bytes of RAM, and can add, and, and or
[Image: etmbIyy.jpg]
(it is incomplete though)
I agree with the rules

RE: my application - Nuuppanaani - 10-06-2014

Accepted!

Ask a staffperson for a trial whenever u wish Smile

RE: my application - greatgamer34 - 10-06-2014

3 byte ALU... what?

RE: my application - Tjakka5 - 10-06-2014

add and and or

RE: my application - LordDecapo - 10-06-2014

nice GG and nuup, noone moved this to the "approved for trial" xD

RE: my application - greatgamer34 - 10-07-2014

i wanted more info on the 3 byte alu

RE: my application - TSO - 10-07-2014

Examination indicates an eight bit Von Newman machine stacked on itself three times and given the same clock.

Information moves counterclockwise through this system, starting from memory on the left.

There are three layers of 64 bytes of memory (thus 192), each layer corresponds to one of the three ALU units. At any read, one of the eight values in one of the eight chunks is selected. All three memory layers are read to the ALU at the same time. Either the bottom line contains program memory that can be altered, making this a full Von Newman machine, or there is program memory under the main memory. Of note: memory is stored in inverted form.

It appears that once the three data lines arrive, MSB on left, the corresponding data stream to ALU level forms the first operand, I can't tell where the second comes from, but the ALU itself can either bit mask them, bitwise OR, or add the two streams, carrying right to left, then upward. It is an RCA ALU. Data leaves the ALU and goes back to main memory, which is all clocked together.

If there is a memory level interchange between the three, it is on the output of the main memory, but I don't think there is.

I think the ALU is still incomplete, seeing as how the second operand isn't present.

RE: my application - greatgamer34 - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 04:36 AM)TSO Wrote: Examination indicates an eight bit Von Newman machine stacked on itself three times and given the same clock.

Information moves counterclockwise through this system, starting from memory on the left.

There are three layers of 64 bytes of memory (thus 192), each layer corresponds to one of the three ALU units. At any read, one of the eight values in one of the eight chunks is selected. All three memory layers are read to the ALU at the same time. Either the bottom line contains program memory that can be altered, making this a full Von Newman machine, or there is program memory under the main memory. Of note: memory is stored in inverted form.

It appears that once the three data lines arrive, MSB on left, the corresponding data stream to ALU level forms the first operand, I can't tell where the second comes from, but the ALU itself can either bit mask them, bitwise OR, or add the two streams, carrying right to left, then upward. It is an RCA ALU. Data leaves the ALU and goes back to main memory, which is all clocked together.

If there is a memory level interchange between the three, it is on the output of the main memory, but I don't think there is.

I think the ALU is still incomplete, seeing as how the second operand isn't present.

i think the guy just meant 24 bits of an alu..

RE: my application - TSO - 10-07-2014

Well, 24/8=3, so it is three byte. It has three in and three out.

RE: my application - LordDecapo - 10-10-2014

(10-07-2014, 05:26 AM)TSO Wrote: Well, 24/8=3, so it is three byte. It has three in and three out.

Umm.. yes and No
A byte can be a relative term, the standards of modern computers use 8bits/byte so storage space can be easily comparible from one device to the next. Yet at the CPU level a byte is better defined as the bitlength ur ALU can handle, so this CPU can be described as a 24bit-Byte computer (not proper grammar but u get the point)

that is why the security question says "STANDARD Byte" and not just "A byte"