Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
I am TSO - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I am TSO (/thread-4807.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: I am TSO - LordDecapo - 10-07-2014

or or or,, you can just compile like normal,, then apply one of the main OOOexe algorithms (or just use mine as its simplified and does same function)... now you have code with a near 0 overall penalty.
or you can just slow ur Pipeline and Fwd, so u can eliminate even the worst hazards at runtime

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-07-2014

Or you can rename registers as you go... but that's for noobs

RE: I am TSO - Magazorb - 10-07-2014

(10-06-2014, 05:40 AM)TSO Wrote: We aren't in the same page as far as the proof thing, but I think I'm just going to give up on that.

I'm very good with electrical engineering, but that is completely useless in minecraft. (Not really a way to prove it since anything you ask me could just as easily be googled, so if you believe me or not is up to you)

CS I just kinda wing it. I know what it needs to do, trial and error suffice to get me the rest of the way pretty quickly.

My ideas are so vastly different because I often model compuers in thought expiriments. Though, this has led to some odd results. (For example, it is theoretically possible for a computer to run without a clock, which is actually the basis for some of my ocilloscope.)

It wasn't about being on the same page... it's merely a fact that without supporting evidence doesn't mean it's true if there's no unsporting evidence (this is how science works)

EE knowledge can be applied very well in MC, just not the fundamentals.

Trial and error is good and is a important step in learning EE or CS, or even redstone magic, just be sure to take note of what happens and try to expand your knowledge based on that

Look on my plot and you'll see nothing interesting, my brain is my library of knowledge, not my plot Tongue i probably can't compare to Decapo but i do definitely simulate just about everything in my head, so we are much alike if that's how you truly are (Yay for dyslexia power Big Grin)

Also it's impossible to have a effective clockles (meaning that it's allways effectively clocked, not that "clockles" is bad or uneffective), as in clockles designed you have a something holding data back until stage is completed computation, this in it's self generates a clock, or other means of clockles implementations has similar effects

If it's ok to, may i see your current progress, you have a good few ideas and would just like to see a little more about them (I've had most of them my self which intrigues me to see how someone else would go about those ideas.)

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-08-2014

Right now it just looks like a big block of memory... But yeah, I've got some stuff.

RE: I am TSO - greatgamer34 - 10-08-2014

screenshots?

Build world tour, focus is mainly on the biggest projects I've had in this world. There are 31 screencaps below, veiw at your own risk.

MY most recent (mini) project has been the memory address decoder. Started and finished it today. This is the front view. (shown here with 256B of memory)
[Image: 4957671.png]

Top view.
[Image: 169634.png]

View of output busses. The triangles are because the data input lines all had to be shifted exactly one to the right in order to be inline with the output lines.
[Image: 1643228.png]

Data input.
[Image: 8164358.png]

Address and controls. (L to R) bottom/top, selective read/read all, left/right select, read, write, address.
[Image: 830982.png]

The address gets split four ways.
[Image: 5416776.png]

One decoder of my own simplistic and intuitive design (this is line 01111, #16 because the count starts at zero)
[Image: 6910249.png]

Some of the instruction set. It's a bit out of date, the CPU state (d) is no longer being considered, so z is six lines instead of five.
[Image: 3582271.png]

Some of the expected ALU operations and maximum allowed times. Most of these were calculated for an 8 bit ALU servicing a 16 bit computer, so many of the numbers are much lower now. I don't know which way AND and OR point because I just use * and +, but for this case, AND is pointing up and OR is pointing down.
[Image: 9645854.png]

16 bit insta-carry 4 tic adder/subtractor. I can speed this up by two or three ticks using some special logic tricks, but I haven't gotten around to it.
[Image: 517551.png]

It uses Bennyscube's XNOR derived design.
[Image: 8139639.png]

A two bit example of the AND lattice for the Multiplier.
[Image: 9413361.png]

The eight bit version.
[Image: 3002770.png]

Bussing the multiplier. It uses lattice multiplication.
[Image: 722941.png]

Least significant portion. (None of this was made with world edit because I hadn't downloaded it yet.)
[Image: 3178354.png]

There is apparently an image count limit. Continued in next post

Second half.

Overflow portion. (Hand built) The use of the three tick adders makes this an 18 tick device, moving down to a one tick adder will make it 10 tick, accelerating the diagonal busses will bring it to 8 tick, and making the lattice instant will bring it down to 6 or 7 tick (depending on how instant you make the lattice.)
[Image: 6274864.png]

A single memory bit, again bennyscube.
[Image: 7001641.png]

A single register bit, I got it from a bennyscube video, but he said it came from someone else. (I only really watch bennyscube because I just need some occasional tricks to make things smaller, a good example is this d flip flop, which is not made from two nor gates and two and gates.)
[Image: 8628215.png]

Small memory block (64B)
[Image: 7232729.png]

Something I mentioned earlier, a hardware implementation of stacks. This was intended to be the run-time stack so that subroutine branching could be done easily. If you want more information about this, just ask.
Push control side.
[Image: 2616713.png]
Input side (inputs on ground)
[Image: 6162352.png]

Output side (also on ground)
[Image: 1910061.png]

Push mechanism
[Image: 3036826.png]

Pop mechanism
[Image: 9632692.png]

Register OR. Oddly enough, a zero tick inline output with stacked inputs is extremely difficult to implement, but I made it work. Took forever, though. I have the other Boolean operators, but none of them are worth mentioning because they were extremely easy to build.
[Image: 292879.png]

The thing we've been waiting for. Below are my spawn chunks, if you look at my y altitude, it's 302, which was basically the minimum height you can view this thing in it's entirety from. The dimensions are roughly 128*127*132 blocks. The spawn chunks aren't entirely filled because it needs room for the decoder and data bussing. The bottom right corner takes the longest to address, an ungodly 42 tick process. The whole thing totals up to around a glorious 12KB (yawn), I'll check the exact value later, but all of it can be addressed. I can stack one more big block on there to make it 16KB, but I really don't have half an hour to kill at the moment (my laptop is completely useless for the entire time that the paste is occurring.)
[Image: 9519763.png]

Standing on it, 11 FPS. y=168
[Image: 10001425.png]

Same location looking up, 47 FPS.
[Image: 9435961.png]

Some views from y=1 to give you an idea of how big it is.
[Image: 3730754.png]
[Image: 9262766.png]

Good God! This took 2 hours to make.

umm, you'd be surprised how much better Solid state is. Just ask decapo, his stack is super small and super fast!

The stack or the big blocks of memory?

RE: I am TSO - Magazorb - 10-08-2014

Believe he meant in general, Yer it doesn't look so bad, probly one of the better things to come from someone outside, will keep a eye on this Tongue

Also, i believe it's 12KiB (12KibiByte; 12x(2^10)^1 vs 12KiloByte; 12x(10^3))

It's a common misunderstanding to use the metric prefixes instead of the binary prefixes.

(10-08-2014, 02:40 PM)TSO Wrote: The stack or the big blocks of memory?

the stack, yours was quite large in comparison