Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Not sure what to do - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Not sure what to do (/thread-4731.html)

Not sure what to do - AstrosMC - 09-16-2014

I'm new to the server, and got accepted earlier. When I do /pwarp and my name, it takes me to this big pokemon stadium. My plot should be empty, should it not? Also, how do I start taking classes? When I ask these questions when no staff is on, only builders and students, they completely ignore me. I would like some help.

RE: Not sure what to do - Nuuppanaani - 09-16-2014

Welcome to ORE!

Some plugins may be broken because we switched to OREutils v2 lately, so make sure pwarp is taking you to the right plot (use /ploc in the plot, it shows the owner).

If the owner is you, just go and ask a builder or a teacher to clear it, it's someone's old plot and they unclaimed it.

If the owner is not you, it can get a bit tricky to find your plot. Try and find your plot on the map (/warp map), and run /pwarp while standing on it. If this doesn't work either then I'm not sure what to do, guess we have to wait till someone manages to fix the plugin :/

You start classes by simply asking a teacher to teach you at any given time. If there's none on school you can go search on build.

There's always some builders with cocky attitudes towards newbloods, and I apologize for this. They should get their arses whooped. Luckily most members are really nice to everyone Smile

Oh, and if you can't find your plot / get it cleared, you can always use the freebuild (/warp freebuild).

Happy redstoning!
-Nuup

RE: Not sure what to do - AstrosMC - 09-16-2014

Thank you very much, Nuup. You've been a big help. Ok, so the owner is me on that plot. I know I'm going to go on any server, and find people that like to ignore the noobs. It's just part of it. Again, thank you for helping me out. Smile Btw, the pokemon stadium, goes outside the plot border. Is that normal?

Nvm, I just realized plots aren't actually protected so that's why it goes outside the border

RE: Not sure what to do - Nuuppanaani - 09-16-2014

Always a pleasure to help Smile

Building on other people's plots without permission is forbidden, was it protected or not. So I'll assume the person building the stadium had the plot owner's permissions.

Plots haven't been protected on the build server since the start, but they should be on school. It's again that OREutils thing being weird, sorry about that. :/

RE: Not sure what to do - AstrosMC - 09-17-2014

Um, so your builder, Jana (silentsniper) got on. I asked her to clear it for me...turns out it was one of her many plots. Idk what happened, but apparently there was some sort of reset, and she no longer owns the plot. Idk...but I can build on any plot in the area. I'm not actually doing it, just placing one block to see if I can...and I can. Idk what's up with it. She cleared the plot for me though, so I do have a plot, but she didn't know the plot was no longer hers.

RE: Not sure what to do - Nuuppanaani - 09-17-2014

Oh crap, there's already tons of problems with school, and the plot permission reset is a new one. :/

Great that you got the plot situation sorted out! Smile Jana, you're awesome!

Also the permission thing is being worked on, if someone continues building on anyone else's plot without permissions, ignoring requests to stop, they should get tempbanned.

Just bear with us until we get the plugin situation sorted out.

RE: Not sure what to do - AstrosMC - 09-17-2014

Alright, thank you. Smile I'm not going anywhere. I'd like to learn redstone, so I'm staying. I'm in no rush though, either. You guys take your time. As I stated in my application, I'm an owner myself. I understand the trouble with plugins.