Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: Wave Generator/ O-Scope (/thread-4547.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Legofreak - 11-25-2014

I posted the last pic of this on hackaday and this thread has gotten like 200 views so far today... lol

Edit: 1000 views lol

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Legofreak - 11-26-2014

New UI
/warp oscope

[Image: 2014-11-26_004257_zpse43273a7.png]

Frequency and Rise of 2 waves.
[Image: 2014-11-26_004842_zps974e2d53.png]

Phase is adjustable in 2 tick increments up to 16 tick offset
[Image: 2014-11-26_004800_zpsf8d53747.png]

Oscilloscope functions: Fill Lines, Refresh, Auto Refresh
[Image: 2014-11-26_004728_zps58e4c183.png]

DAT BUS
[Image: 2014-11-26_011303_zps19424d83.png]

These components DEFINITELY need some reorganizing... lots of bus delay could be greatly reduced.

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Apocryphan - 11-27-2014

very nice

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - LordDecapo - 11-28-2014

So love this. And I still really wanna make an auaudio system based on this with like with like a 2tick sample rate

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Legofreak - 11-29-2014

O-scope display 2.0

Made a new display from scratch. Now refreshes from left to right. I'm working on an adjustable refresh clock now.
[Image: 2014-11-29_001041_zps215cec6a.png]
This shows 3 refreshes across the screen. it also now has the ability to show both waves at the same time instead of adding. also zero line toggle.
[Image: 2014-11-29_005020_zps15771649.png]

I messed up the line drawer while tinkering yesterday so it needs some debugging.

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Legofreak - 11-30-2014

Got a decent "sine" wave.

Its pretty much a triangle wave fed into another triangle generator with some switching to get
Y=0+1+2+3+2+1+0-1-2-3-2-1
[Image: 2014-11-29_204739_zpsc9c0ed3a.png]

also its fun to make shapes like hearts and stuff
[Image: 2014-11-29_021331_zpsca9918c7.png]

I think i forgot to mention you can disable the reset so it can overlay new waves on the screen on top of the existing waves.

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Apocryphan - 12-07-2014

You inspired me to make my old wave clock into an adjustable o scope =) I shall call it mini oscope. It uses 3 controls to adjust the wave, the first is A which will adjust the Amplitude by raising and lowering the signal low point, so it will make the signal go from 0-15 to 14-15. The second Control is B which will shift the whole wave up and down, making the signal go from 14-15 to 0-1. And the final Control C will adjust the Wavelength by changing the increments that it raises and lowers, this can be set to 0 so that you can pause the wave clock, i need to work on a better display like yours though.

[Image: H9lYEVZ.png]

[Image: yV67mZr.png]

[Image: danwhTt.png]

The Original Wave Clock I made Aug 2013

[Image: EVTIbC7.png]

Just got an idea to split the signal and see if i can hold 2 wave values the will alternate each wave, and i'm also going to try and combine my "loading bar" version with my carry over calculator cell and see if i can adjust the line to spin both ways and different speeds and slow it to a stop.

The peak of the loading bar design is pictured below. It shouldn't be hard to manipulate this signal like i did the wave clock.

[Image: VCHcuHY.png]
[Image: Jg2J2dp.png]

And when i went to find my old loading bar clock i remembered my old music file design using these clocks. Reminded me that i still need to make a few of those for the computer i'm eventually going to make.

[Image: MImlSl3.png]

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Legofreak - 12-08-2014

cool! I've mostly been using 2 variables to make waves whether it be 2 values or one value and a clock but I've been meaning to incorporate a third variable in my design for more adjustable waves.

I know you can tell that the oscope is just a hex selector but is special in a few ways.
First, is that I made it torchless. The first version had torches but fast waves would make them burn out. I had to use two rows of comparators because each one does every other output.

Second, I have the input in the middle so I can have a signal go to each side. One side is normal and one side is the compliment. There is a gap between the signals where the output is produced.

Third, the two sides are set up in a way that when the value changes, the side in the direction the wave is moving moves first so the gap gets bigger for 2 ticks. This "draws" lines from each point to the next.

Now, I can't tell what the "load bar" thing you made is.

Also, its cool that you made a music thing like that because I designed one almost the exact same way. I like to use 3 comparators in the clock so i can breakout the side with repeaters and get 3/4 beats.
[Image: sequencer_zps46a3f5b9.png]

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Apocryphan - 12-09-2014

Thanks, and the "load bar" i made a video to demonstrate when i first made it, so keep in mind it's not solid state, that's about the only change really but here it is.

I have a plan that sounds like what you did, i plan to use 2 arrays of decoders, it will use a split signal that grows from center, using rising signal pulsers on the side that splits left and a falling signal pulser to the right and vice versa for 2nd array, and then just use an rs nor latch to switch decoders when the signals peak. I've got it started, just need to make the pulsers, I already have a small memory cell that pulses at every signal change so i just need to make it a 2 wide array of rising and falling. And i like that you went torchless, the only torches on mine are on the rs latch and i plan to change the decoder to a torchless one, but i will definitely remember to try for torchless since you mentioned it.

[Image: PsKlS79.png]

The timed self subtracting memory cell that pulses for rising and falling uses a 1 pulser on a repeater timer to automatically countdown to 0 and start when an value is given to the memory cell.

[Image: HITgUE2.png]

I also compacted the current one and have another design in mind to add to adjustability. I changed the control to a range selector, so you just pick the high and low on the top set of switches to choose the amplitude and position on the x axis, and then choose 1-15 for the wavelength, and then i thought it'd be cool to use 2 of them to draw circles, figure 8's and make it bounce off the edges of the screen like those lame screensavers. haven't perfect circles yet but its good for diamonds, i also need to hold the pixel longer so i can see the display better.

[Image: ZVIa90p.png]

[Image: xGOiOgy.png]

RE: Wave Generator/ O-Scope - Legofreak - 12-09-2014

somebody on the server was telling me i should make something like that. I think he called it a "vectorscope" or something. where 2 waves represent a point on a screen. good job!

also the load bar thing looks neat. simple but fun.