Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
students keep asking for WE - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: students keep asking for WE (/thread-4357.html)

Pages: 1 2

students keep asking for WE - Crazyninja2000 - 08-11-2014

i think students whould not be allowed to ask for WEs. when ever im on, they keep asking. they say im supposed to help, but WE is for builders. if they want WE they need to become one. im helping them by teaching them so they can bcome a builder and get WE. the whole point of the builder is to get WE. if students are using builders to WE for them, that gets rid of the whole point to become a builder since they are just using them to there own advantage.

RE: students keep asking for WE - Nuuppanaani - 08-11-2014

w0t dude building by hand is so painfully slow I won't allow this change to happen. I don't mind wasting a few seconds of my time to stack something that would take an hour to do by hand.

RE: students keep asking for WE - Crazyninja2000 - 08-11-2014

why would students be building big things like that. if they are doing it anyway, aren't they good enough to become a builder.

RE: students keep asking for WE - Nuuppanaani - 08-11-2014

umm I don't think quantity == quality in the context of logic redstone :p

RE: students keep asking for WE - Xray_Doc - 08-12-2014

Make a word filter that changes the word WorldEdit to a dick for students.

RE: students keep asking for WE - Nuuppanaani - 08-12-2014

most ppl shorten it to WE and making that change into dick is a slight problem xD

RE: students keep asking for WE - Apuly - 08-12-2014

No it isn't...

RE: students keep asking for WE - tyler569 - 08-12-2014

dick went to the store and dick bought some apples for our pie.

Also, on point:
crazyninja Wrote:the whole point of the builder is to get WE.
nonononononononoNNONONonononONNONOnonnonNONONONONONONONOONONON

I would absolutely *love* to give students worldedit, I think most admins agree with me there, the *only* reason they don't have it is because getting student is trivial and ee have no easy way to prevent them greifing with it.

I assure you, you do not get worldedit so you can feel better than them and deny them help, and if you are so lazy that you would rather *ban* students from using *other people's* worldedit than have to endure the *hardship* of helping them once in a while, you probably should not be a teacher.

</t>

RE: students keep asking for WE - Xray_Doc - 08-12-2014

RE: students keep asking for WE - EDevil - 08-13-2014

(08-11-2014, 10:16 PM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: i think students whould not be allowed to ask for WEs. when ever im on, they keep asking. they say im supposed to help, but WE is for builders. if they want WE they need to become one. im helping them by teaching them so they can bcome a builder and get WE. the whole point of the builder is to get WE. if students are using builders to WE for them, that gets rid of the whole point to become a builder since they are just using them to there own advantage.

If a student's goal is to be builder only for the WE permissions, should you be spending time and effort in that student then?