Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
The story of a crazy ninja - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: The story of a crazy ninja (/thread-4170.html)

The story of a crazy ninja - Crazyninja2000 - 07-26-2014

This is a the story about my redstone experience up until ORE

Chapter 1:
I've been playing minecraft since beta, until my computer broke. I wasn't able to play minecraft until 1.4.2. when i first got on, they added a new material, redstone. Then i saw actennisac's videos on youtube, and i was inspired. How suck great machines could be built with redstone. But what caught my eye, was then instead of using transistors(pistons) for logic gates, they were using NOT gates.

Chapter 2:
It was just a month after 1.5, the great redstone update. Now i want the only one who knew how to redstone. My friend, as you would know him as Seamonster49, also saw the potential for redstone. We waited for school to be out, then we started the tic tac toe machine challenge. Sea was making this huge thing out of pistons to detect a win, but i realized i could just use AND gates to detect a win. I knew there are only 8 different combinations to get a win, so 17 total AND gates system(last one to detect draw).

Chapter 3:
I built a logic display showing gates, latchs, implies,and flip flops. Now it was late November, and me and Sea wanted a new challenge. when 1.7 came out, the /setblock command came out. both me and Sea were both thinking of the same machine, a printer. I won by building a 3d printer, using a drawing system by sethbling, and a sorting machine by Seamonster. Except i wanted to build something bigger, a computer.

Chapter 4:
I built my first computer on one friday morning, well i thought it was a computer. It was basically a 4 bit RAM thing that was 40 chunks big.
I didnt know binary, so i had no idea how to build one. Then one day at school, Sea told me about a redstone server, ORE. So i checked out the website, and i decided to apply on school. I was amazed by the machines. The next day i wanted to learn how to build an ALU, cuz i heard someone talking about it, but they typoed it so i said "ELU". zombywaffles taught me binary, jallenator taught me 2s comp, bossgobbler taught me sign magnitude. I designed me RCA with dylanrussel, and i applied on build within 3 days of being on school.

Chapter 5:
I was excepted on ORE within 10 minutes of the trial. And when i got my plot, there was a problem, one of RSW's early CPU's was halfway on my plot. i got ntwede to move it, and from there it was the perfect plot. The first thing i wanted to build was PONG. Me and Sea had it as another challenge, but none of us were able to achieve it. First me and zombywafflez started to build it, but he got too busy. So i looked to build it with CDPIV. I got sick then so he did a lot of work. Then we built our first one. But the ball kept disappering so we decided to use shift registers. I got busy with the end of school so CDPIV started to build it with zuba. When i got back, i built my ASCII(help letter desgining by slugdude). My word proccesor was really big. And that is the end of my early redstone experience.

Thank you for reading this if you didnt fall asleep by chapter 2.
(i like to talk about my self btw)

RE: The story of a crazy ninja - Jupperware - 07-28-2014

That's pretty cool

RE: The story of a crazy ninja - VirtualPineapple - 07-29-2014

(07-26-2014, 02:23 AM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: Then i saw actennisac's videos on youtube, and i was inspired

no

RE: The story of a crazy ninja - Crazyninja2000 - 07-31-2014

(07-29-2014, 01:41 PM)VirtualPineapple Wrote:
(07-26-2014, 02:23 AM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: Then i saw actennisac's videos on youtube, and i was inspired

no

i was new in redstone, i didnt even know logic gates.