Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Can you please make a rank called trusted student ? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Can you please make a rank called trusted student ? (/thread-4153.html)

Can you please make a rank called trusted student ? - SoapyLynx - 07-24-2014

I am a student on the school server and I have alot of trouble since I'm making multipliers other calculator parts and since I don't have World Edit, this is really frustrating having to build everything by hand or having someone else like a builder do your work and mess it up. I'm just asking that, if its possible, make a rank called trusted student that is a normal student rank but includes World Edit. I was thinking instead of applying for that rank, we can have a server vote for that person. *Since it's "trusted" student, I think there should be more than a simple application." And may I also suggest the command /ping for student?

RE: Can you please make a rank called trusted student ? - EDevil - 07-25-2014

Thank you for your suggestions. However;

1. Give students WE
We can't, obtaining the student rank is very easy, grief risk would be too high.
2. Builders messing up WE's which is frustrating
If anyone messes up a WE there's a secret command called //undo.
3. Make a trusted student rank that has access to WE by voting
Imagine a scenario where 6 of your (grief)mates log on and call a potential thread trusted. Person will get WE and next up the whole world gets griefed nice and easily.
4. /ping for students
I see no extra value or increased productivity by assigning the /ping command to the students rank.

RE: Can you please make a rank called trusted student ? - tyler569 - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 12:01 AM)EDevil Wrote: I see no extra value or increased productivity by assigning the /ping command to the students rank.

I second most of your post, but ORE's always been "unless there's some reason not to have it, have it," is there something ping can do that's bad? Otherwise, I'll just go ahead and add it...

RE: Can you please make a rank called trusted student ? - SoapyLynx - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 12:01 AM)EDevil Wrote: Thank you for your suggestions. However;

1. Give students WE
We can't, obtaining the student rank is very easy, grief risk would be too high.
2. Builders messing up WE's which is frustrating
If anyone messes up a WE there's a secret command called //undo.
3. Make a trusted student rank that has access to WE by voting
Imagine a scenario where 6 of your (grief)mates log on and call a potential thread trusted. Person will get WE and next up the whole world gets griefed nice and easily.
4. /ping for students
I see no extra value or increased productivity by assigning the /ping command to the students rank.

I understand.

RE: Can you please make a rank called trusted student ? - EDevil - 07-25-2014

Very well then, we'll add /ping Big Grin

RE: Can you please make a rank called trusted student ? - greatgamer34 - 07-25-2014

(07-24-2014, 09:46 PM)SoapyLynx Wrote: I am a student on the school server and I have alot of trouble since I'm making multipliers other calculator parts and since I don't have World Edit, this is really frustrating having to build everything by hand or having someone else like a builder do your work and mess it up. I'm just asking that, if its possible, make a rank called trusted student that is a normal student rank but includes World Edit. I was thinking instead of applying for that rank, we can have a server vote for that person. *Since it's "trusted" student, I think there should be more than a simple application." And may I also suggest the command /ping for student?

If you are making some complicated circuitry, i would suggest apply for build if you think you're ready!