Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
make students become builders - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: make students become builders (/thread-4097.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: make students become builders - Crazyninja2000 - 08-01-2014

a 3-4 month restriction is good. we need the students to become builders. some students have been here for 6 months and dont know binary, and they are active. my point is that it should be obligated to become a builder.

RE: make students become builders - Apuly - 08-01-2014

Well, as long as they're building, I don't see the problem. By building, they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do on the server, being learning how to redstone.
As I've pointed out throughout the discussing, knowing computer science on the school server is not an obligation.

RE: make students become builders - SoapyLynx - 08-05-2014

Eh, I know a lot about redstone, but I'm too scared that I will fail at trial so I don't do it.

RE: make students become builders - David - 08-05-2014

(08-01-2014, 09:23 PM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: a 3-4 month restriction is good. we need the students to become builders. some students have been here for 6 months and dont know binary, and they are active. my point is that it should be obligated to become a builder.

I don't think we should force them into computer science (as stated by someone else before). I'm fine with millions of combo locks and piston doors on the school server.
Why should we force them? If they're active it means that they're having fun. Isn't that the biggest part of redstone? Just having fun.

(08-05-2014, 06:08 AM)SoapyLynx Wrote: Eh, I know a lot about redstone, but I'm too scared that I will fail at trial so I don't do it.

There is no limit to the fails on a trial. Just go for it, man! If you fail you've got an infinite number of more attempts.

RE: make students become builders - Crazyninja2000 - 08-06-2014

whats the point of becoming a student if you dont graduate to build, its not like the school sevrer is the less advanced build, its to learn how to get to build. and idc what paul says, he says sethbling is the redsotne god(dont argue about this).

RE: make students become builders - Apuly - 08-06-2014

kek  

Also, as I pointed out before, the point of becoming a student is to learn. Most students just want to promote to build at some point. And the school server is in fact a less advanced build for people to learn shit.
Also, just because I said I think sethbling is redstone god does not mean that my logic is irrelevant.

RE: make students become builders - David - 08-06-2014

(08-06-2014, 03:51 AM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: whats the point of becoming a student if you dont graduate to build, its not like the school sevrer is the less advanced build, its to learn how to get to build. and idc what paul says, he says sethbling is the redsotne god(dont argue about this).

What's the point? Having fun! That's all that matters IMO.

RE: make students become builders - Nuuppanaani - 08-06-2014

(08-06-2014, 12:54 PM)David Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 03:51 AM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: whats the point of becoming a student if you dont graduate to build, its not like the school sevrer is the less advanced build, its to learn how to get to build. and idc what paul says, he says sethbling is the redsotne god(dont argue about this).

What's the point? Having fun! That's all that matters IMO.

(08-05-2014, 07:37 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: So basically

[Image: No_Fun_Allowed.jpg]

RE: make students become builders - Xray_Doc - 08-06-2014

(08-06-2014, 07:16 AM)paulydboy Wrote: Also, just because I said I think sethbling is redstone god does not mean that my logic is irrelevant.

Yes it does

RE: make students become builders - Iceglade - 08-06-2014

Quote:This is a guide for joining the school server. Once you join, you will get a 128*128 plot to build your contraptions on, not to mention that you will be taught by redstone experts around the world. If you’re an aspiring redstoner, this is the place for you!

The first thing you’ll have to do, is to read the rules.

Becoming a student at the school server is simpler than becoming a member at the build server. If you haven’t already, you should make an account at our forums .

Once that is done, go to the school section’s Applications (New or Unapproved) subforum, and press “new thread”. Copy over this and fill it out:

-School server application guide

Shall we change it to:

Quote:This is a guide for joining the school server. Once you join, you will get a 128*128 plot to build your contraptions on. You will then have 3 months to learn computational redstone, at which point you must apply for build or your plot will be deleted.

The first thing you’ll have to do, is to read the rules.

Becoming a student at the school server is simpler than becoming a member at the build server. If you haven’t already, you should make an account at our forums .

Once that is done, go to the school section’s Applications (New or Unapproved) subforum, and press “new thread”. Copy over this and fill it out:

That sounds mighty inviting, doesn't it?

Personally I really think members (myself included) need to tone down a bit on addressing so-called "server issues". We have some 8-odd threads now made by members (one of them is mine, sadly) trying to change ORE for the better... but really all we're doing is making it even less stable. I'm not undermining anyone's efforts, but at this point it's doing far more harm than good.