Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Teacher System - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Teacher System (/thread-402.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Teacher System - xdot - 06-19-2013

(06-19-2013, 12:32 AM)Guy1234567890 Wrote: I like this idea. I think that we should make everyone who is currently teacher on school a [Builder] and add the teacher rank above it. A trial would be necessary to become a teacher. The benefit to being a teacher could be no world guard restrictions.

I second that.

RE: Teacher System - Xeomorpher - 06-19-2013

I third that.

RE: Teacher System - shrogg - 06-19-2013

I forth it!

RE: Teacher System - mort96 - 06-19-2013

Ya I'm gonna fifth this.

RE: Teacher System - EDevil - 06-19-2013

six'ed it!

No, but srsly, i really see this system work, and its not a bad idea. On the other hand, i also think that if players feel like they aren't that great in teaching, just don't hop on the school server?!? Personally, i think this is more of a personal decision rather than implementing a test / trial.

RE: Teacher System - seankingman - 06-19-2013

That's seven. Tongue

RE: Teacher System - David - 06-19-2013

That's infinite!

On-topic:
I actually wanted to post this idea myself, but I didn't do it be because I might have been insulting someone doing so.

RE: Teacher System - Guy1234567890 - 06-19-2013

I'm implementing this system now.

RE: Teacher System - fl3tching101 - 06-20-2013

While I agree new members becoming a teacher seems kind of ridiculous, I think I might suggest re-looking at the idea. If everyone who wants to be a teacher has to go through a trial with an admin/foreman, then that's a whole lot of extra trials on top of the trials for build applications which are coming in quite fast. Might I recommend that instead of a long trial of which will put even more work load on the limited staff, rather we have some simpler, easier system. Really at most it just needs to be an admin/foreman approval, like just a post and you have to have say three admins/foremen check off on your application to make it. Our community is honestly growing faster than I've ever seen, and even with adding two more foremen that's a lot of extra applications at least to start, but still, we are probably taking in at least two new people on the build server a day lately, just in what I've seen. The staff know the members well, and the new members they might not know so well, so they might not approve of them immediately, which is good, they need to get some experience with us "senior" members. I would safely say that staff would know who is mature enough or experienced enough to teach. I know the whole trial system would be really good for approval, but it's rather tedious and takes up precious time, especially for members we KNOW can teach fine. Maybe it could be implemented for newer members whom the staff are unsure of. Not to mention there are members who I'm sure wouldn't go through the annoying trialing system just to help new members, but if all they had to do is get some checks and they could teach then they would. In the end if you have made build server, I believe you should be able to teach on some level, however I certainly agree we need a system to ensure our teachers are mature and making our server look inviting and friendly.

RE: Teacher System - newomaster - 06-20-2013

Fl3tch the problem with having an admin approval system is that it turns the process of becoming a teacher into a popularity and/or age (in terms of time on the community) based system. What we need is a way to appropriately assess the skills of the potential teacher. I don't think we will have a problem handling teacher applications. And honestly the trials don't need to be very long either (think back to the teacher trials on the rdf they usually took like 30 min at most).