Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Teacher System - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Teacher System (/thread-402.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Teacher System - Alex - 06-19-2013

Newo and I have been talking about the way people get Teacher. We have agreed that some build members are not worthy of teacher. I will not give out names, but in general new members, unless they are skill worthy of Teacher. I think there should be an application system where you get trialed by an Admin, or possibly Foreman. If you remeber the RDF school server, (those who are old enough) will remember the trial system that was on there. The thing about there's is they used your build rank to determine whether you could become a teacher or not. On this server we have no ranks, so it would have be based on if an admin thinks you're Teacher worthy. I would like it to be the admin acting as a student and you teaching them. About Binary, logic, etc. If anyone agrees feel free to post a comment about any minor changes you could think of to make it better.
PS. If this works out I want no fights over "HE SHOULDN'T BE TEACHER HES NOT SKILLED ENOUGH!"

-Le alex Tongue

RE: Teacher System - newomaster - 06-19-2013

I agree to this, it would be much better for the image of our community if all the people labelled teacher actually knew what they were talking about (again not naming anyone but new members in general).

I still remember teaching virt for my teaching trial on the RDF :3 fun times.

RE: Teacher System - Guy1234567890 - 06-19-2013

I like this idea. I think that we should make everyone who is currently teacher on school a [Builder] and add the teacher rank above it. A trial would be necessary to become a teacher. The benefit to being a teacher could be no world guard restrictions.

RE: Teacher System - 2insanepeople - 06-19-2013

I remember this from a few minutes ago. In fact i agree. I think i shouldn't have teacher. As i still am learning myself. And i would be terrible at explaining.

RE: Teacher System - Alex - 06-19-2013

2insanepeople, I thank you for your honesty. And also guy, I think that is an excellent idea, hope this helps improve the school community. Smile

RE: Teacher System - newomaster - 06-19-2013

Quote: The benefit to being a teacher could be no world guard restrictions
Yea I've always thought that was kind of strange that teachers had to ask to build on people's plots.

RE: Teacher System - Xray_Doc - 06-19-2013

Crap.

RE: Teacher System - Alex - 06-19-2013

Ha ha Xray, you'll have to pass the evil test! >:3

RE: Teacher System - 2insanepeople - 06-19-2013

You should definitely implement this ASAP. There are moments that i want to go onto the school server Without having to teach :/

RE: Teacher System - Guy1234567890 - 06-19-2013

Alright, it seems that you all agree with this idea, but let's wait a day or two before implementing it for everybody to weigh in.