Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
How to use /i - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: How to use /i (/thread-3538.html)

Pages: 1 2

How to use /i - PabloDons - 05-17-2014

so there is a lot of confusion to how you add data tags using /i. for all of you who don't know what /i is, it's a modified /give command to make data tags easier to add. still most people don't understand how to use it, so that's what this thread is for

[spoiler="basics"]first off if you enter the command /i it tells you how to use it, it says: "/i <item:numeric> [amount <enchantmentname[:level]> ...]

to explain the above, it's basically similar to how WE works. if you are familiar to the "item:numeric" way of identifying an item id and data tag, this should be easier on you. What I have gathered from this command is that it uses this format to do most things like, as you can see from above, enchantments.

so if you are going to add more than one enchantment or other data tag, all you have to do is separate it with a space.

also note that the data tags seem to work on any item, so you could put sharpness on a redstone dust.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="enchantments"]
to add an enchantment, it's pretty easy. it's basically this: "enchantmentname":"level" (without quotations)

an example is if you want sharpness 5 on an item, you add the data tag "sharpness:5"
Also separating the enchants with spaces
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="misc"]just examples of other quick things you can do with /i data tags

custom player heads: "owner:MinecraftName"
[/spoiler]
there's still lots more to this command's data tags, but I do not have knowledge of the whole thing so if you know something that is not included in this thread, please post it and I will try to update this.

RE: How to use /i - Apuly - 05-20-2014

I honestly can't see how we can discuss over this...

RE: How to use /i - Dcentrics - 05-20-2014

k

RE: How to use /i - Xray_Doc - 05-20-2014

Genital organ

RE: How to use /i - PabloDons - 05-20-2014

(05-20-2014, 11:59 AM)paulydboy Wrote: I honestly can't see how we can discuss over this...
well, I was expecting people to contribute to the tutorial and expand further upon it. Maybe someone can include how to add attributes, because I have no idea

RE: How to use /i - David - 05-29-2014

(05-20-2014, 11:59 AM)paulydboy Wrote: I honestly can't see how we can discuss over this...

I'll start the discussion:

I don't agree.

RE: How to use /i - Apuly - 05-31-2014

(05-29-2014, 10:49 AM)David Wrote:

I'll start the discussion:

I don't agree.

I, however, do.

RE: How to use /i - greatgamer34 - 05-31-2014

I agree that david disagrees. Its the most valid way to see things.

RE: How to use /i - Apuly - 06-01-2014

WTF?! Don't you see that my opinion is obviously by far the most superior one?!

RE: How to use /i - greatgamer34 - 06-02-2014

(06-01-2014, 02:02 PM)paulydboy Wrote: WTF?! Don't you see that my opinion is obviously by far the most superior one?!

You are WRONG sir!