Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Is this really what people see in the server? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Is this really what people see in the server? (/thread-2519.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is this really what people see in the server? - Xray_Doc - 02-19-2014

Quote:Why do you want to learn how to use redstone. (i want to be like sethbling)

Quote:What is a reasonable goal that you would like to achieve? I would like to learn how to make big maps like sethbling that involve a lot of Redstone and get YouTube famous for it.

Quote:Why do you want to learn how to use redstone? Because I would Like to embark on my journey as a "YouTuber"

Has ORE just become a way for people to try and make it big on Youtube, now? Rather then actually caring about the community or trying to learn something?

[Image: Jimmies-Maximum-Over-Rustled-Meme-Gif.gif]

RE: Is this really what people see in the server? - AFtExploision - 02-19-2014

Personally I've never seen anyone like this actually in the server, only forums.

RE: Is this really what people see in the server? - Iceglade - 02-19-2014

[Image: 78NADYL.jpg]

RE: Is this really what people see in the server? - Xray_Doc - 02-19-2014

It doesn't matter if they don't say what they want to do with their education on the server, it's the fact that they still have the idea of doing it even after being part of the community.

RE: Is this really what people see in the server? - Iceglade - 02-19-2014

It's not unique to ORE... at all. Youtube provides a really easy way to "get famous". It costs maybe 10 dollars to start up, and requires little to no dedication outside of what you're actually doing. I'll admit I was drawn into that at first.... but not anymore. I've realized how sad it is that being looked up to is the goal of life now.

EDIT: Also, could you link those apps?

EDIT #2: As for the first one, it's almost worse than that that people look up to a youtuber like that. Whether it be sethbling or prop, what have any of us done? Made computers or whatever in a video game? We haven't done anything that should make us idolized by anybody. Essentially, they are saying that Minecraft is their life. Which, self-explanatorially, is terrible.

RE: Is this really what people see in the server? - Xray_Doc - 02-20-2014

I could find the links, but I don't want to in case people start replying to the threads.

Protip: Just search youtube and set it to only be in the school apps (new and unapproved)

RE: Is this really what people see in the server? - EDevil - 02-20-2014

This might also be interesting...

(02-20-2014, 11:45 AM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote: It also seems like you have 2 accounts on our forums, from which one of them is already accepted. Can you please explain this?

inb4 sethbling in disguise

But in all seriousness, maybe we should make it more clear to new users how this server is just for the fun of creating and being a part of this community.

RE: Is this really what people see in the server? - David - 02-20-2014

You know, at first it was funny when newbies wanted to be like sethbling. Now it's annoying, just like the old computer joke. ("But, can it run minecraft INSIDE of minecraft?!?"). Even though I made that joke a few days ago :3.

Do you think there should be a new application process? Maybe one stricter?