Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? (/thread-2332.html)

Pages: 1 2

What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - mcShadesz - 02-06-2014

Hey guys!

In several months I may have a team of programmers at my disposal with the sole purpose of making plugins and game mods to make advanced redstonening and learning easier. You have the experience so I figured I would ask you... what little things would make the redstone life easier?

Examples Note: many of these might already exist. Please inform me if they do.

How about...
Combine the plot plugin (name?) with world edit... so WE doesn't affect more than your plot. Maybe a yes/no prompt if your WE action is going to effect a plot outside of the one you own? Or prompt if it is going to effect more than one plot?

If it doesn't already... create a "save" feature in WE that allows you to save particular copies for indefinite periods of time? Include the ability to import those saves to other server databases... like a MCEdit Schematic.

Hmmm... not sure what else... So the question... what features would make your life easier?

Thanks in advance.
-mcShadesz

RE: What game mods or plugins would make your life easier? - redstonewarrior - 02-06-2014

You're a bit behind the ball on this one, we've been using worldedit for a long time.

We don't integrate W/E with the plot plugin for the same reason we don't have plot protection on build; we feel the collaboration and open nature of the build server is more important than avoiding the rare accidental W/E derp or grief, and with the backup system, we very rarely can cause real damage. (Perhaps some lag / few minutes of downtime every few days, but that's all.)
We can, and we've considered it, and regardless, we're soon going to throw in a 2x2 plot limit on W/Es (and a 64x64x64 limit on //g?)

We already have a schematic saving system, and it's built into W/E! //copy a region, then type //schematic save <username>/file. You can bring it back by using //schematic load <username>/file, and you can access them all via http://schems.openredstone.org/. Smile

As for more useful things, we've also considered building a standard component database using schematics, but we haven't gotten to it.

RE: What game mods or plugins would make your life easier? - mcShadesz - 02-06-2014

(02-06-2014, 05:58 PM)redstonewarrior Wrote: You're a bit behind the ball on this one, we've been using worldedit for a long time.

We don't integrate W/E with the plot plugin for the same reason we don't have plot protection on build; we feel the collaboration and open nature of the build server is more important than avoiding the rare accidental W/E derp or grief, and with the backup system, we very rarely can cause real damage. (Perhaps some lag / few minutes of downtime every few days, but that's all.)
We can, and we've considered it, and regardless, we're soon going to throw in a 2x2 plot limit on W/Es (and a 64x64x64 limit on //g?)

We already have a schematic saving system, and it's built into W/E! //copy a region, then type //schematic save <username>/file. You can bring it back by using //schematic load <username>/file, and you can access them all via http://schems.openredstone.org/. Smile

Thanks for the reply Smile Good to know!

Are there any features that would be nice but aren't developed? Not even WE related?

Note: I have a while before the project starts (if it even does), so in the future if you are playing and think...
"It would be nice right now if I could..."
... I would appreciate you posting the idea here.

RE: What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - xdot - 02-06-2014

(02-06-2014, 05:49 PM)mcShadesz Wrote: -snip-

the plot plugin (name?)

Relevant: https://github.com/OpenRedstoneEngineers/OREUtilsV2

More to the point, as red said, a plugin that enables you to place and test (in real-time) standard components would certainly help a ton.

RE: What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - Neogreenyew - 02-07-2014

make a cake sphere plugin
/cake and it creates a sphere of cakes that has a radius of 500 blocks

RE: What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - redstonewarrior - 02-07-2014

Been there, done th-I mean that would be terrible why would you ever
Actually, I've never had the pleasure. Those who have generally suffered from excessive rollbacks on their plots.

RE: What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - Xray_Doc - 02-07-2014

A better rollback and log plugin.

RE: What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - Neogreenyew - 02-07-2014

(02-07-2014, 05:03 PM)redstonewarrior Wrote: Been there, done th-I mean that would be terrible why would you ever
Actually, I've never had the pleasure. Those who have generally suffered from excessive rollbacks on their plots.

lol yeah. I wanna make a cakesphere without crashing the server Sad

RE: What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - WrytXander - 02-07-2014

What I think we need:

- Some sort of a automatic bussing system. But it should not look like random wires flying about everywhere. If it could be made with multi-bit support and nice looking, that would be just awesome. Hej, forget about good looks, make it efficient and use the less amount of repeaters possible maybe. i dunno that part is up to your team!

-Noclip. For dem compact builds! (again, no ide about the implementation process or how possible it is as a whole)

- someway of fixing lighting glitches. I dunno what couses them (redstone lamps?) but they are annoying as hell.

- and as everyone said a system for standart parts and whatnot.

That is all I got probably Smile

RE: What game mods or plugins do/would make your life easier? - praskazoo - 02-08-2014

Yes! We need no clip