Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) (/thread-2098.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - Dcentrics - 01-21-2014

After much arguing and spitting and... Throwing stuff, we have come to the conclusion that we are not going to allow the teachers to accept the applications. This does not mean we doubt the capabilities of our teachers but these were the words said on the vote. "Staff are staff for a reason, we have responsibilities outside of the in game server(s), members shouldn't."

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - Xray_Doc - 01-21-2014

A bit off topic, but I was think for a while we should amke seperate announcement sections for each server.

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - Iceglade - 01-21-2014

I agree with this... never have I really seen more than maybe one student at a time asking for a promotion. Students are easy to promote, and we are doing fine as is.

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - David - 01-22-2014

Maybe an automated system is going to solve our problems? Is it possible that admins can promote people through this forum? Then there shouldn't be any hassle around this subject anymore.

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - EDevil - 01-22-2014

(01-22-2014, 07:34 AM)David Wrote: Maybe an automated system is going to solve our problems? Is it possible that admins can promote people through this forum? Then there shouldn't be any hassle around this subject anymore.

Indeed. I am experimenting on that locally atm.

What needs to happen is;

When a new application gets moved to completed applications, test if the player isnt student yet. If he isn't, promote him. If he is, don't do anything.

Not sure if this system can be optimized using the API or just raw php and sql, im not THAT pro w/ programming Smile

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - Guy1234567890 - 01-22-2014

(01-22-2014, 12:52 PM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 07:34 AM)David Wrote: Maybe an automated system is going to solve our problems? Is it possible that admins can promote people through this forum? Then there shouldn't be any hassle around this subject anymore.

What needs to happen is;

When a new application gets moved to completed applications, test if the player isnt student yet. If he isn't, promote him. If he is, don't do anything.

Not sure if this system can be optimized using the API or just raw php and sql, im not THAT pro w/ programming Smile

You don't need a conditional. Just use pex to set the rank of the person to student.

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - Dcentrics - 01-22-2014

^

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - EDevil - 01-22-2014

(01-22-2014, 03:04 PM)Guy1234567890 Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 12:52 PM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote:

What needs to happen is;

You don't need a conditional. Just use pex to set the rank of the person to student.

True, im a bit off today Smile

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - Guy1234567890 - 01-22-2014

Haha aren't we all?

RE: School: Teachers being able to accept applications/promote people (staff answers) - Epic_SkyPilot - 01-23-2014

Dammit, we aren't going to allow it? :/ Alright well I can't argue it, you guys know what you're doing. It's just annoying to have students come to me asking if they can be promoted, and believe me it happens a lot. Regardless, I guess it's not a big deal.