Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? (/thread-1981.html)

Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - Epic_SkyPilot - 01-14-2014

Well up until now only staff have had the power to control these applications. But let's be honest here, most of the teachers are more dedicated to the school server, such as myself, Coolt, Snug, and ctjet. It just makes sense. Teachers that teach students should be allowed to decide if students deserve to be taught or not. I know becoming a student is a simple process, but I think it's just a matter of principle here. Now that I think about it, it doesn't make sense that teachers never had this option in the first place. Anyway I guess it's up for debate, but I think it's a good idea, at least for the more dedicated teachers like I listed before.

RE: Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - EDevil - 01-14-2014

Duplicate-ish of this;

http://forum.openredstone.org/showthread.php?tid=1823

RE: Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - Xray_Doc - 01-14-2014

Well, you have to remember tyler allowed that on the old school server and he ran it really well.

RE: Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - Dcentrics - 01-14-2014

I wouldn't mind letting them do it as long as they do it right (admins may have to review the decision) but yeah it would be nice not having to log into the school server 2-4 times a day just to promote members of applications that have been accepted.

RE: Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - Xray_Doc - 01-14-2014

Give them th e ability to only make promotions from visitor to student.

RE: Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - Epic_SkyPilot - 01-14-2014

(01-14-2014, 04:50 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: Give them th e ability to only make promotions from visitor to student.

That sounds good. But really I don't see what bad can come of teachers reviewing applications. I'm constantly asked by visitors if I can do so, and it's a hassle for me AND the staff if I have to go on build just to get them to look at it. I don't think any problems would surface because of the decision to give teachers this perk, and at least I know I won't take advantage of it.

RE: Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - Dcentrics - 01-14-2014

(01-14-2014, 07:06 PM)Epic_SkyPilot Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 04:50 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: Give them th e ability to only make promotions from visitor to student.

That sounds good. But really I don't see what bad can come of teachers reviewing applications. I'm constantly asked by visitors if I can do so, and it's a hassle for me AND the staff if I have to go on build just to get them to look at it. I don't think any problems would surface because of the decision to give teachers this perk, and at least I know I won't take advantage of it.

Now reviewing applications...... that may have to be voted on by the administrative team because we do our best to log into the forums as much as possible to review such things. and im not to sure how easy it is to make a new forum rank to allow them to accept just school applications... Im willing to give it a try if the other admins are :D

The teacher application system will be tougher and they will probably have to review the teachers we have. Since I have experience with this in the past, I am on board with it.

RE: Allowing Teachers to Accept/Deny Student Applications? - Epic_SkyPilot - 01-15-2014

(01-14-2014, 08:18 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: The teacher application system will be tougher and they will probably have to review the teachers we have. Since I have experience with this in the past, I am on board with it.

I appreciate it! Hopefully the staff feels the same way.