Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
usb boot os & minecart usbä - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: usb boot os & minecart usbä (/thread-1820.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: usb boot os & minecart usb - AFtExploision - 01-04-2014

(01-03-2014, 09:42 AM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 12:45 AM)AFtExploision Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 08:32 PM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 08:22 PM)AFtExploision Wrote: WIRELESS REDSTONE EVIL. Sure it will not work on ORE, but it shall work on SP, and most ORE members (I think) have decided that wireless redstone fits their made-up self-imposed all-encompassing redstone laws that somehow apply to other people

nuff said.

Nuuu you said it was not practical in MC.... you meant it was not practical on ORE, dumb-dumb

Nice comeback Big Grin
Cumback*

RE: usb boot os & minecart usb - Frontrider - 01-14-2014

Its will be impossible if you don't try.
I would say that actual mc computers are inefficient as well, but you use what you have.
If you share your device/protecol with me, (schematic, picture...) then i will try to test it for you.But i will use my filter, not the usual clean hopper based ones.

RE: usb boot os & minecart usb - himehowareu - 01-16-2014

I have a filesystem done
The only problem is you need big hard disks
So that is done now I am working on how to make a upper level programing language witch is really fun (I am not joking )
The only thing is that every thing will be slow in minecraft
But the speed is not what this is about

Compiler is done so when I get this all done I can compile the code to binary
emulator Is done And I can test in minecraft speed and as fast as it can go
Now I have to work on some basic functions and frameworks for my upper language

RE: usb boot os & minecart usb - Frontrider - 01-16-2014

I started to work on a NISC (No Instruction Set Computer,VLIW: Very Long Instruction Word) processor, right now trying to speed it up (6 ticks now,i hope i can cut it down to at least 4). Your could pull the best from it, you will get full control over everything(even the timings, i'm not planning to use clocks, if can cut more things down) I have a schematics now, i will upload it today.
The question of the IS seems to be a harder point here, this is my answer.

That disc will be able to store mutch more data than redstone based ones.
You could use an external storage to mark the segments with names to refer to(maybe a string),then you store the name alongside the segments number where its stored, then you not refer to the place on the drive, you refer to this name. Everything could be stored were possible, so 2 program will not tries to use the same place.I dont reallt know how real winchesters software part work, but i hope i dont said something silly.

RE: usb boot os & minecart usb - MelvinS4_ - 01-16-2014

Look into using either Chibill's or mine item memory. While his is considerably faster, mine has greater memory density.

RE: usb boot os & minecart usb - himehowareu - 01-17-2014

I might frontrider but right now I am working on the OS more then the hardware but I have some plans for hardware I am going to use chibill's memory and am hoping that by the time I have everything else done I will have the mark 4 done so we will have to wait and see

RE: usb boot os & minecart usb - EDevil - 01-17-2014

(01-17-2014, 01:35 PM)himehowareu Wrote: I might frontrider but right now I am working on the OS more then the hardware but I have some plans for hardware I am going to use chibill's memory and am hoping that by the time I have everything else done I will have the mark 4 done so we will have to wait and see

There seems to be something wrong with your dot key. I would suggest buying a new keyboard asap.

RE: usb boot os & minecart usb - himehowareu - 01-17-2014

i have been typing on my phone and i type to last. the dot does not work when i go fast.