Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. (/thread-1610.html)

Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. - mort96 - 12-16-2013

As you've probably noticed, the build- and school servers have been a bit unstable. All players have been disconnected occasionally, sometimes many times per day. It has had too many periods with hours of downtime.

The reason for this is mainly that my internet has been unstable. I've contacted my ISP on several occasions due to the issue, and replaced various parts related to internet.

Currently, the servers are down because one of my IPS's technicians have come and done stuff which should fix the issues. Fingers crossed that what he did results in a more stable internet connection.

Just thought you should know what's been going on.

Update: Apparently, there was an old component which everything relied on. It worked nicely when all we had was two desktops, but now that we have 20 devices connected to the same internet connection at the same, the God knows how old component is starting to break down. The technician did a thing which means the old component isn't needed anymore..

If you're interested in a more detailed explanation, feel free to ask.

Update 2: All systems should now be online, most likely way more stable than before.

RE: Sorry for the downtime. - EDevil - 12-16-2013

Thanks for the update!

RE: Sorry for the downtime. - mort96 - 12-16-2013

Added a bit more info.

RE: Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. - WrytXander - 12-16-2013

Hey mort! I wonder if you know about the issues at the survival as well? Or am I the only one getting the super-weird stuff?

RE: Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. - mort96 - 12-16-2013

I don't know of anything, but I think bann has had various issues and is working on fixing them. I'll try and contact him.

RE: Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. - WrytXander - 12-16-2013

(12-16-2013, 08:21 PM)mort96 Wrote: I don't know of anything, but I think bann has had various issues and is working on fixing them. I'll try and contact him.

A'ight thanks a bunch! I was going to record a video at the build, it is not on, I said "hey, let me record survival then!" BAM bugs Big Grin Good luck with the fixing process!

RE: Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. - Nerd Incognito - 12-16-2013

Do you by chance know when the servers will go back online? thanks

RE: Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. - mort96 - 12-16-2013

Everything should be up again now Big Grin

RE: Sorry for the downtime. Take some info. - tokumei - 12-17-2013

(12-16-2013, 08:17 PM)WrytXander Wrote: Hey mort! I wonder if you know about the issues at the survival as well? Or am I the only one getting the super-weird stuff?

Bann is the one hosting the new survival server, so it would be best to contact him if there are any issues