Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Super fun guy looking for a good time :) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Moderation (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-94.html)
+--- Forum: Build Server Applications (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: Approved For Trial (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: Super fun guy looking for a good time :) (/thread-15172.html)

Super fun guy looking for a good time :) - CaptainPi - 06-08-2019

Minecraft name: CaptainPi

What do you like the most about redstone?
I love that you can build just about anything if you put your mind to it and that there are so many ways to do something. You can often just be limited by your imagination. I'm mostly interested in smart survival builds that everyday players can use and look good too and have a purpose even if its just for some fun. 

What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?
I've built full adders and ram and all that before but I'm just not that interested in computertational redstone really so haven't done anything too crazy on that front. One thing I love to use is analog redstone which is what made my example possible in such a compact way. One of my favorite builds was my connect four game not because its massive or anything but because of the different uses of redstone and how much is in there. I've been building a monopoly game but I've had trouble having an intuitive way of displaying everything namely the position of each player but its basically a computer at its essence. This is one thing I'd want to finish building on the server.

What does it do?
But as for a build I've fully finished my connect four game is pretty cool. What it does is basically have players press buttons which causes a gravity block like powdered concrete fall. Once the players are finished they press reset and the machine starts sorting the powered blocks into the different colours and sends them back to the top. Comes with things like stopping when a column is full and turn logic. Couldn't get win detection working mainly because everything I came up with was way too big and defeated the purpose which was to fit this in a small arcade room.

Connect four game https://imgur.com/gallery/cqvKoge

What do you plan on making for your build trial?
Well I've got some designs for an automatic shop which exchanges a number of items into a set of other items. Since sometimes players often don't have stacks of diamonds I thought I'd make a system where you can throw in iron and gold or whatever and then you'd get a few stacks of concrete or glowstone or whatever you selected. Some stuff I want with it are a return function in case you don't want to continue with the purchase and having it modular and easy to change values and be able to stop or turn off exchanges if the player didn't want to use that item anymore. Has to also be robust and work even when players try and break it. Return left over items that couldn't be converted too which is a bit I haven't fully figured out but I've got some ideas. That or build parts of my monopoly game but I'd need a bit of world edit action to get that done in 3 or so hours and it wouldn't look all that pretty.

Edit: Since you guys seem to only like computertational redstone I'll just make a rca alu and be boring.

Do you agree with the rules?
Nah yeah no problem. All perfectly reasonable and standard no worries there. (If that wasn't clear yes I agree)

I'd include pics of other projects but I'm on my phone so...

RE: Super fun guy looking for a good time :) - CaptainPi - 06-08-2019

I'll specify with not interested in computertational redstone. I don't really fancy the idea of just creating massive builds that take weeks or months even though I think being able to times and divide number in Minecraft using redstone is soooooo awesome. I just don't really want to build it because... well I'm never going to use it and it takes ages to make and I generally prefer building in survival. I do however love working with components of redstone computers for different purposes. I'm also really interested in electronics and redstone logic replicates a lot of this which I think is awesome. Just saying I love all that stuff but I don't really want to build something like a calculator that does division with 16 bit or even just 8 bit numbers because... why

Super fun guy looking for a good time :) - Computteren - 06-15-2019

Your application does not show sufficient redstone knowledge in order to join the build server.

Instead, I'd recommend applying for our school server here.

RE: Super fun guy looking for a good time :) - PabloDons - 06-19-2019

(06-15-2019, 01:01 AM)Computteren Wrote: Your application does not show sufficient redstone knowledge in order to join the build server.

Instead, I'd recommend applying for our school server here.

Under further review, we have decided to undo the declination and approve this application anyway!

Super fun guy looking for a good time :) - PabloDons - 06-19-2019

Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.

RE: Super fun guy looking for a good time :) - CaptainPi - 06-19-2019

Thankyou Smile