Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
instagram account - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Moderation (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-94.html)
+--- Forum: Major Petitions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-93.html)
+--- Thread: instagram account (/thread-14926.html)

instagram account - nielsapie - 01-18-2019

i had an diea to make an inst gram account for the server to make the server more international.
i have the insta account made already: https://www.instagram.com/open_redstone_engineers/?hl=nl 
and i hope this idea will be aprisiated and i love to help the server whit this.
there is a thing if this idea will be voted up i still want accses on the account  and if u guys want to post a thing we will need to discuss about it.
we wil not follow our own account the acount that i followd now is the most followed insta acounts so we will get followers the other players in the server dont get the login info
we will not change the login information and this is my idea to make the server more international.

whit friendly greets niels nuyen.

RE: instagram account - PabloDons - 01-19-2019

Alright dude, listen up. What you're doing here is appointing yourself the director of the official ORE Instagram, which you're not and definitely won't be without first getting voted into the staff team. You can't even call it official without permission first. This is straight up impersonation and an attempt at a powergrab. But I get it, dude. You want to contribute to ORE, right? You want to have a responsibility. You probably also want to be liked by others. Everyone wants that. Being staff is a job run by volunteers after all. You can most definitely contribute, just not like this. You can help out with the new map that's planned to be built pretty soon, report problems with the website and forums, make personal YouTube videos to promote ORE, host events, build games, etc.

Just for the record; If ORE decides to have an Instagram account, it should be strictly internal because it's sort of a protection so nobody can misrepresent ORE and get away with it. If you want to take responsibility for something, people gotta agree to it first. Don't just do work nobody asked you to do, because you'll probably be disappointed.

RE: instagram account - nielsapie - 01-19-2019

so its a to big responsebillety for me and all of u guys. so what u trying to say is that it is a bad idea for a boy and u guys want to do it all by ur slefs and i get that bit the qwestion is now can i keep the acount to post things on it from the server.

and i love to help whit the new map who do i need to contact for helping whit it?

RE: instagram account - PabloDons - 01-19-2019

(01-19-2019, 08:47 AM)nielsapie Wrote: so its a to big responsebillety for me and all of u guys. so what u trying to say is that it is a bad idea for a boy and u guys want to do it all by ur slefs and i get that  bit
No fam. I said it's impersonation because you didn't get permission to use the name.
(01-19-2019, 08:47 AM)nielsapie Wrote: the qwestion is now can i keep the acount to post things on it from the server.
M8 come on. Did you ignore what I said on purpose? I said you're not the director of any official ORE Instagram and definitely won't be without first getting voted into the staff team. I didn't call you a boy, in fact I have no idea what your age is. Staff team isn't exclusively for adults. There is and has been very young people in staff. You could be staff too.
(01-19-2019, 08:47 AM)nielsapie Wrote: and i love to help whit the new map who do i need to contact for helping whit it?
Nick lol

RE: instagram account - Guy1234567890 - 05-09-2019

It's a good idea to have a larger presence on social media, but this sort of thing should be organized in collaboration with the administration (as Pablo said).

That said: in general, I really like the idea of having active social media accounts. Growing the community requires more people knowing about it!