Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
In Regards to Recent Events - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: In Regards to Recent Events (/thread-14690.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - greatgamer34 - 10-22-2018

(10-21-2018, 11:02 PM)PabloDons Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:19 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: literally says ideas, not new rules being implemented right now. Also that was a long time ago when i was quite naive and it was a post asking for community feedback.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that this post was heavily edited after receiving backlash from staff, eh? I doubt you forgot what it said before then

Its been 4 or more years I dont remember what the first version said pablo. Are you implying that It would have been perfect the first time through? Lmao no. Ohno I edited a forum post to better suit what the ideas of the community were..................................

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - PabloDons - 10-22-2018

(10-22-2018, 01:50 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:19 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: literally says ideas, not new rules being implemented right now. Also that was a long time ago when i was quite naive and it was a post asking for community feedback.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that this post was heavily edited after receiving backlash from staff, eh? I doubt you forgot what it said before then

Its been 4 or more years I dont remember what the first version said pablo. Are you implying that It would have been perfect the first time through? Lmao no. Ohno I edited a forum post to better suit what the ideas of the community were..................................

"New rules that I will follow and I expect everyone else too as well"

something along those lines. Memory is still hazy. I know there was a whole ordeal on slack about how you can't just make rules out of nowhere and your solution was to change it to say it's "suggestions"

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - greatgamer34 - 10-23-2018

(10-22-2018, 02:58 PM)PabloDons Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 01:50 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote:

"New rules that I will follow and I expect everyone else too as well"

something along those lines. Memory is still hazy. I know there was a whole ordeal on slack about how you can't just make rules out of nowhere and your solution was to change it to say it's "suggestions"
okay, and? I fucked up back then and imn pretty sure i acknowledged that. Also, this doc isnt used by ORE so like whats the big deal linking a doc showing how dumb i used to be? Like lmaooooo. Also this is my 1500th post bitches.

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - PabloDons - 10-23-2018

AND this proves that nothing has really changed. The big deal is if you would've had admin, you'd have access to passwords and full power to totally fuck up ORE. And you almost got it too, when you asked to step up. Obviously, you don't even hesitate to share potentially sensitive stuff. Imagine if you had passwords and ssh access. Hoo boy, Nick would probably call the police on your ass. Thank goodness you lost your temper and proved how unfit you are to be admin.

Also, totally blowing it off as harmless or innocent isn't acknowledgment.

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - greatgamer34 - 10-29-2018

Yo i wasnt really involved with datawave until after you guys blackballed me by ignoring my request to step up. I didnt send any RHB info to anyone. The only thing I shared and I admitted to sharing was the google doc stuff... SHARING GOOGLE DOCS THAT WERE MEANT TO BE PUBLIC, THAT WERE UNOFFICIAL, THAT WERE UNUSED, AND CONTAINED NO PERSONAL DATA IS HARMLESS.

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - Hastumer - 10-30-2018

(10-23-2018, 08:32 PM)PabloDons Wrote: AND this proves that nothing has really changed. The big deal is if you would've had admin, you'd have access to passwords and full power to totally fuck up ORE. And you almost got it too, when you asked to step up. Obviously, you don't even hesitate to share potentially sensitive stuff. Imagine if you had passwords and ssh access. Hoo boy, Nick would probably call the police on your ass. Thank goodness you lost your temper and proved how unfit you are to be admin.

Also, totally blowing it off as harmless or innocent isn't acknowledgment.

Ima give my two cents to this, thought I already did but apparently not. But especially to this one post: I really don't think gg would have destroyed ORE if he got admin. What reason would he have? Like he may not always been the smartest guy when it comes to decisions, but he never came off as a person willing to destruct a whole server just because he can.

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - Nickster258 - 10-30-2018

(10-29-2018, 11:53 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: Yo i wasnt really involved with datawave until after you guys blackballed me by ignoring my request to step up. I didnt send any RHB info to anyone. The only thing I shared and I admitted to sharing was the google doc stuff...   SHARING GOOGLE DOCS THAT WERE MEANT TO BE PUBLIC, THAT WERE UNOFFICIAL, THAT WERE UNUSED, AND CONTAINED NO PERSONAL DATA IS HARMLESS.

This just shows us you do not fully understand your wrongdoing. You shared documentation that, while yes did not contain any private information (Other than personal names and potential account information), it was still just drafts and were never meant for public consumption until the drafts were completed. Honestly, had you asked to share the documentation, Staff would have been perfectly fine with it. Either way, this is a decision based on principle, not content.

I feel that this point has been reiterated enough times for someone to understand, so I am going to step back from this discourse in hopes that you finally see our problem with your actions.

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - LambdaPI - 10-30-2018

(10-29-2018, 11:53 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: Yo i wasnt really involved with datawave until after you guys blackballed me by ignoring my request to step up. I didnt send any RHB info to anyone. The only thing I shared and I admitted to sharing was the google doc stuff...   SHARING GOOGLE DOCS THAT WERE MEANT TO BE PUBLIC, THAT WERE UNOFFICIAL, THAT WERE UNUSED, AND CONTAINED NO PERSONAL DATA IS HARMLESS.

The part about us ignoring your request to step up is just plain wrong. We discussed your rank in forums and in slack. I myself personally brought up your request to step up and pushed for an answer.

RE: In Regards to Recent Events - PabloDons - 10-30-2018

Tfw you shared docs a day *prior* to asking to step up lololol (and data was quick to support it)