Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
A History of ME. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: A History of ME. (/thread-1447.html)

A History of ME. - Paul_Keenan - 11-28-2013

Hi. I'm Paul. And this is my life story... of Minecraft. I got Minecraft in the Fall of 2012. I think that was early 1.3. I had heard about Minecraft from all of my friends and I was intrigued at a game where you could survive and build shelters and fight monsters and craft. Before I got Minecraft though, I watched A TON of Minecraft videos. I then got Minecraft and sorta screwed around with it. I really was really bad at it, but I thought it was the best game in the world. Then I started watching CNBMinecraft. I saw his video on a "Digital Clock in Minecraft" and I was AMAZED. I had no idea that that useless red dust stuff called "redstone" could be used for things. In one of his videos, CNB has an "RS NOR Latch". I wanted to know what it was, so I asked my dad. My dad had gone to Harvard, and got a degree in applied mathematics, which includes computer science. He was able to teach me what a SR NOR Latch was, and from there I started learning about binary and computers and whatnot. I impressed all of my friends with this knowledge, and I thought I was the smartest 11 year old kid in the world. I built logical devices and soon learned about the RDF. Because all of my friends knew nothing about redstone, I figured me and CNB were the best redstoners ever. When I learned about the RDF, I was so happy to know that there were other people that built the same stuff I did and they made a server specifically for people like that, so I applied. It took a long time, and by now it was 1.5.1. When I passed the trial and iDeNoh told me I could now have my own plot, I was overjoyed. But then I realized that there was barely anyone on the server. I stopped playing for a while, and then the server was deleted. All of my creations on the RDF were gone. I was pretty mad, but then I learned that an admin from the RDF (redstonewarrior) had created another redstone server. I made an account on the forums and I posted this. yay. the end.

RE: A History of ME. - EDevil - 11-28-2013

xD Other admins (Newo, Bannana, Shrogg, etc.) are gonna be so pissed at you xD. Naah, joking. Awesome story, and im glad that you joined our server after the RDF fell.

RE: A History of ME. - Paul_Keenan - 11-29-2013

(11-28-2013, 10:02 PM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote: xD Other admins (Newo, Bannana, Shrogg, etc.) are gonna be so pissed at you xD. Naah, joking. Awesome story, and im glad that you joined our server after the RDF fell.
y would they be pissed?

RE: A History of ME. - EDevil - 11-29-2013

Cause you only mentioned Reddy with building ORE, while they did also a lot of work xD But plz dont take it serious, it was only a joke Smile

RE: A History of ME. - bannanalord - 11-30-2013

(11-28-2013, 09:34 PM)Paul_Keenan Wrote: Hi. I'm Paul. And this is my life story... of Minecraft. I got Minecraft in the Fall of 2012. I think that was early 1.3. I had heard about Minecraft from all of my friends and I was intrigued at a game where you could survive and build shelters and fight monsters and craft. Before I got Minecraft though, I watched A TON of Minecraft videos. I then got Minecraft and sorta screwed around with it. I really was really bad at it, but I thought it was the best game in the world. Then I started watching CNBMinecraft. I saw his video on a "Digital Clock in Minecraft" and I was AMAZED. I had no idea that that useless red dust stuff called "redstone" could be used for things. In one of his videos, CNB has an "RS NOR Latch". I wanted to know what it was, so I asked my dad. My dad had gone to Harvard, and got a degree in applied mathematics, which includes computer science. He was able to teach me what a SR NOR Latch was, and from there I started learning about binary and computers and whatnot. I impressed all of my friends with this knowledge, and I thought I was the smartest 11 year old kid in the world. I built logical devices and soon learned about the RDF. Because all of my friends knew nothing about redstone, I figured me and CNB were the best redstoners ever. When I learned about the RDF, I was so happy to know that there were other people that built the same stuff I did and they made a server specifically for people like that, so I applied. It took a long time, and by now it was 1.5.1. When I passed the trial and iDeNoh told me I could now have my own plot, I was overjoyed. But then I realized that there was barely anyone on the server. I stopped playing for a while, and then the server was deleted. All of my creations on the RDF were gone. I was pretty mad, but then I learned that an admin from the RDF (redstonewarrior) had created another redstone server. I made an account on the forums and I posted this. yay. the end.

Y'know, we have a backup of the RDF's map I believe. I'm pretty sure we could find your plot and have your stuff saved.

RE: A History of ME. - EDevil - 11-30-2013

^ Indeed! You can go to the old rdf map on our server by doing "/mvtp RDFmap"!

RE: A History of ME. - redstonewarrior - 12-02-2013

It may not be loaded at the moment for memory conservation purposes, but any staff can /mv load it for you!
Yeah, I reallllly didn't create ORE. I'm famous for backend work, some leadership, and, after a coin toss with guy1234567890, presenting ORE to the remaining RDF admins at the time. People like Xeomorpher, XxDOTxX, mort96, guy1234567890, and others made ORE happen.