Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Application - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Moderation (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-94.html)
+--- Forum: Build Server Applications (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: Approved For Trial (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: Application (/thread-12969.html)

Application - ChainComand - 08-17-2017

Minecraft name: ChainComand

What do you like the most about redstone?: It provides a versatile, interesting, and fun way of developing new and interesting contraptions and concepts. Along with its ability to be programmed (binary) to make all sorts of components, such as RAM, ALU, Program Memory, Displays, User inputs, Decoders, etc.

What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: A digital to binary to digital calculator, that can currently add, subtract, store data, and some multiplication. I plan to include division, exponents, and square roots in the future.

What does the thing do?: A digital to binary to digital calculator, that can currently add, subtract, store data, and some multiplication. I plan to include division, exponents, and square roots in the future. (PS for a world download and more pictures, please see joetheminecrafthelper.weebly.com)

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: 3D Printer, with presets available on a selection panel, plus an estimated time remaining display, loading animation, debugging options/menu, and no command blocks.

Image/s and/or video/s of the device, from imgur.com or youtube.com: These pictures have been taken directly from my blog: joetheminecrafthelper.weebly.com

[Image: 2017-07-05-17-13-24_orig.png]
[Image: 2017-07-05-17-20-50_orig.png][Image: 2017-07-05-17-22-42_orig.png][Image: 2017-07-05-17-24-31_orig.png][Image: 2017-07-05-17-26-57_orig.png]
[Image: after-copy_orig.png]

Do you agree with the rules?: But of course! Yes, I do! 

If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask! Email me at jsees.upsilontech@gmail.com

Thank You,

-Joe aka ChainComand aka /North/

RE: Application - ChainComand - 08-17-2017

PS if the printer would cause too much lag, I can make a small binary adding, or multiplying calculator.

Application - Aerodynamic Brick - 08-18-2017

Unfortunately a 3d printer does not meet our requirements for build trial. We require something that shows more computational engineering. An Alu perhaps. By your other work you have a great head start but keep going! Big Grin

Instead, I'd recommend applying for our school server here.

RE: Application - ChainComand - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 12:25 AM)Aerodynamic Brick Wrote: Unfortunately a 3d printer does not meet our requirements for build trial. We require something that shows more computational engineering. An Alu perhaps. By your other work you have a great head start but keep going! Big Grin

I know how to make an ALU, and if you would like me to make that instead of the printer, I would be happy to oblige, I just thought that (as I said in my previous post) adding a display and ram to said ALU would be better than just the ALU,

Thank you.

-Joe

RE: Application - ChainComand - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 05:14 PM)ChainComand Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:25 AM)Aerodynamic Brick Wrote: Unfortunately a 3d printer does not meet our requirements for build trial. We require something that shows more computational engineering. An Alu perhaps. By your other work you have a great head start but keep going! Big Grin

I know how to make an ALU, and if you would like me to make that instead of the printer, I would be happy to oblige, I just thought that (as I said in my previous post) adding a display and ram to said ALU would be better than just the ALU,

Thank you.

-Joe
And I did say that if the printer didn't work, I would build the device said above.

RE: Application - LambdaPI - 08-19-2017

Just an ALU is fine just provide pictures of the ALU and i'll accept you.

Application - mazsolaskuglof - 08-19-2017

Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.