Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Build-Off! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Build-Off! (/thread-12741.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Build-Off! - jonay2000 - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 11:01 AM)LambdaPI Wrote: So essentially the same as the first competition?
Rip me i can't participate because vacation.

nope, its about volume now, not bout speed

RE: Build-Off! - MrPixelized - 07-21-2017

I'm in as far as I can be, but I can't promise I'll actually have anything by the end of the competition, due to preparation for vacation and two birthday celebrations. I'll try to though Tongue

RE: Build-Off! - Zijkhal - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 12:08 PM)jonay2000 Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 10:15 AM)Zijkhal Wrote: Can I join even if I dont have permissions on the build (or school server for that matter) yet?
I have an idea...

go ahead

So it is kind of an offline competition, not a server one with a deadline? I was under the impression it was an online one with everyone gathering at the specified time and building for 1 hour then when finished, come the evaluation

(07-20-2017, 08:56 PM)Computteren Wrote: NOTE: You're NOT allowed to copy prebuilt components!

That only means from outside, we can still use worldedit to stack what we built in-place and such, right?

RE: Build-Off! - jonay2000 - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 12:20 PM)Zijkhal Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 12:08 PM)jonay2000 Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 10:15 AM)Zijkhal Wrote: Can I join even if I dont have permissions on the build (or school server for that matter) yet?
I have an idea...

go ahead

So it is kind of an offline competition, not a server one with a deadline? I was under the impression it was an online one with everyone gathering at the specified time and building for 1 hour then when finished, come the evaluation

(07-20-2017, 08:56 PM)Computteren Wrote: NOTE: You're NOT allowed to copy prebuilt components!

That only means from outside, we can still use worldedit to stack what we built in-place and such, right?

yes, if you want to make something on your school plot go ahead. builders use the arena area on build but you may participate on school. it is a server thing cuz the one with the smalest volume cpu wins

RE: Build-Off! - Zijkhal - 07-21-2017

Are we allowed to experiment with the design in mind if we dont copy paste parts and only build off of memory, or is that against the rules as well?

RE: Build-Off! - LambdaPI - 07-22-2017

Maybe plan these things a week in advance? Like the last one.

RE: Build-Off! - Zijkhal - 07-22-2017

Well, I could not finish, IRL stuff got in the way :/

Here is some explanation anyway of ALURAM™ Big Grin
The idea behind my contraption was to use the Negation occuring at read from memory to perform logical functions, if I read from two cells at the same time, I have NAND, which, combined with a Shifter is all that is needed to perform any logical function. So my ALU pretty much is just a Shifter (perhaps the only one that actually has a shifter (?)), the rest being implicit.
There would be 1 Byte of RAM dedicated to PC purposes, I decided on a simple Shift one, that way, since next line can be loaded from memory, branching is achieved. There would have been 8 adressable ROM lines, however, there would be multiple instructions on each line, delayed, at the end of each adressable line, implicit excecution of next line (from dedicated PC Byte), which allows function-like callability. 7 Bytes of RAM total, 8th activates Shifter, since there are only 8 Bytes, there is no need for a memory controller, and since there are 8 adressable lines of ROM, no need for "ROM controller", and since instructions share adress space with memory (and only 8 adressable adresses), no need for decoding instructions either.

In the end it turned out to be pretty huge, my only hope would have been if RAM and ROM did not count towards size, but I think my realistic goal was to get it working.
Thank you PaukkuPalikka and Jonay for providing me a way to participate when I had no access to neither the school server nor the build server by accepting me to the school server in no time

RE: Build-Off! - tokumei - 07-22-2017

boooooiii what horrible planning. 1 day in advance? I was out of town for the past weeeeeek.

RE: Build-Off! - LambdaPI - 07-23-2017

So who won?