Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Unlink modded chat lol - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: Unlink modded chat lol (/thread-12184.html)

Pages: 1 2

Unlink modded chat lol - Matthew - 05-01-2017

So like when i'm on build/school 90% of the chat is from modded. Its really annoying and i think we should disconnect it from build/school or something. I'd like to hear what others think :p

RE: Unlink modded chat lol - Nickster258 - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 01:01 PM)Matthew Wrote: So like when i'm on build/school 90% of the chat is from modded. Its really annoying and i think we should disconnect it from build/school or something. I'd like to hear what others think :p

Warning ya' bud, many won't like that. 

Including me.

RE: Unlink modded chat lol - optimo - 05-01-2017

I agree
and I feel guilty as hell playing on modded and using the chat, knowing it's just spamming a good channel for learnings.

If the modded server had some chat plugins that would give some options at least. Like for /group or /local chat channels.
Specifically like a 'party' chat would be perfect; the people playing modded are basically a few teams anyway.

RE: Unlink modded chat lol - LambdaPI - 05-01-2017

Party chats would technically be good but would lead to exclusion. Usually after like the first week of buzz on the modded server, it dies out. Maybe having a better color other than yellow would be better.

RE: Unlink modded chat lol - Nickster258 - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 03:10 PM)LambdaPI Wrote: Party chats would technically be good but would lead to exclusion. Usually after like the first week of buzz on the modded server, it dies out. Maybe having a better color other than yellow would be better.

The exclusion is just part of it. We want to make sure that people can't just go to their own channels and ignore students and other people.

There may be a way to notify specific people if a user on build if a modded member wants to say something to someone else particularly.

RE: Unlink modded chat lol - Matthew - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 03:10 PM)LambdaPI Wrote: Maybe having a better color other than yellow would be better.

Yeah Smile if anything having a less visually draining color would make it a lot nicer.

RE: Unlink modded chat lol - Neogreenyew - 05-01-2017

100% agree.
I personally don't think Survival and Modded should have their chats linked with Build and School seeing that they are completely different entities. I can imagine this being especially frustrating for newer members that are trying to learn on school when they keep seeing people talking about something completely unrelated to digital logic.

Build and School should be linked. Modded and Survival should be linked. That said, I don't think there should be a link between those two groups.

(05-01-2017, 02:05 PM)Nickster258 Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 01:01 PM)Matthew Wrote: So like when i'm on build/school 90% of the chat is from modded. Its really annoying and i think we should disconnect it from build/school or something. I'd like to hear what others think :p

Warning ya' bud, many won't like that. 

Including me.

Hmm do you know why people would not like unlinking the chats?

RE: Unlink modded chat lol - optimo - 05-01-2017

I believe its been said that the admins like being able to monitor all from one chat/irc channel. I think the mods can probably safely ignore modded survival server chat, which is about 99.9% unrelated to anything else going on in ORE. It's kinda self-sufficient. I dunno.

Yeah and if something were to happen people would just hop on build and tell staff, then if the chat is needed use logs. I'm sure having to get logs is better then merging the chats.