Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Language Filters On Server? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: Language Filters On Server? (/thread-12148.html)

Language Filters On Server? - Formal_Creeper - 04-23-2017

I've already posted this in the off-topic discussion thread, but I figured I would also put it in here just for good measure. Earlier today, I was playing on the server and my mom saw a word that starts with an f that she wasn't a fan of. So now I have to play the server without chat until something is change. Is it possible that chat filters could be added? Thanks

RE: Language Filters On Server? - Nickster258 - 04-23-2017

(04-23-2017, 05:40 PM)Formal_Creeper Wrote: I've already posted this in the off-topic discussion thread, but I figured I would also put it in here just for good measure. Earlier today, I was playing on the server and my mom saw a word that starts with an f that she wasn't a fan of. So now I have to play the server without chat until something is change. Is it possible that chat filters could be added? Thanks

Chat filters have been discussed in the past, but they have never been taken seriously. Our community was built partially on free speech of everyone and any censorship would hinder that.

RE: Language Filters On Server? - LambdaPI - 04-23-2017

Also having the chat be full of asterisks would be even worse.

RE: Language Filters On Server? - Apuly - 04-23-2017

How about a language filter that needs to be turned on?
People that want it can have it.
People who don't are not effected.

RE: Language Filters On Server? - Nickster258 - 04-23-2017

(04-23-2017, 11:08 PM)Apuly Wrote: How about a language filter that needs to be turned on?

I initially thought of that, but the reasoning for the local muting of someone could be used in a way there so as to "ignore" certain people.

A toggle feature could be looked at and it's honestly up to the community to decide that.

RE: Language Filters On Server? - Formal_Creeper - 04-24-2017

(04-23-2017, 11:51 PM)Nickster258 Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 11:08 PM)Apuly Wrote: How about a language filter that needs to be turned on?

I initially thought of that, but the reasoning for the local muting of someone could be used in a way there so as to "ignore" certain people.

A toggle feature could be looked at and it's honestly up to the community to decide that.

How could I set up a poll asking the community whether or not they would like an on/off chat filter? I've had a lot of trouble with polls, and can't seem to be able to set them up O.o

RE: Language Filters On Server? - Nickster258 - 04-24-2017

Honestly, talk with people in-game and ask if they would like to see that feature added. You can form a list of all people saying they would like it / screenshots of them saying they would like said feature.

Then make a forum post requesting the feature and include all the people who vouched for it. When you go to make the post, make your reasoning clear and concise.

You can post a poll with the option ticked for it like this:
[Image: 94rshmc.png]

After hitting submit, another form would pop up to fill in information on the poll.