Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Tatanpoker09's Minecraft story :) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Tatanpoker09's Minecraft story :) (/thread-119.html)

Tatanpoker09's Minecraft story :) - tatanpoker09 - 04-29-2013

Read before Reading(xD): sorry if i have PLENTY of mistakes but I am from Chile and my english teacher sucks...(I think I learn more talking with you than in english classes xD)
I started playing minecraft on beta 1.6, I did not have my own account yet, a good friend of mine gave me his password so that I could download minecraft and play single player xD. At first i did not like survival (still I had never tried), i saw i had no items so I never played so much, only creative
for some not-fanceh looking buildings(where i made a redstone dock system that never worked x3), so i stopped playing minecraft until 1.0 where I started playing on survival, I started loving the game, and while mining I found this ore named redstone again :3. I got a bunch of it and did not know how to use it so... like everyone does, go to YouTube and look for it, I found a video called "Semi-Auto" Wheat Farm.
It didn't have almost any redstone but I still thought the guy was a pro xD
I stopped using redstone for quite a lot until in a server [Minecraft-Center(spanish server)] a friend(also admin) called GanJoGan introduced me to the basics of redstone and how it worked, after some while I learned all basic logic gates, and monostables and stuff. With this knowledge I started making piston doors, 2x2, 3x3 (at this point I overpassed my master >Big Grin) and then 4x4. Sadly there are only like 4 people in spain/latinamerica that know Logic Redstone so I never learned anything about it.
So... how did I start with Logic Redstone?
Well the answer is simple, a Youtube Video. It was a calculator of 20 bits with decimal division, I was impressed and I made a promise to myself to learn as much redstone as I can until i can make something better than this guy and many others(I wanted to be the best native-spanishspeaker in the world >Big Grin).... after some time I made it, but i don't wanna go that far by now.
First of all i saw a Video which impressed me A LOT. It was a video made by guy1234567890 and I saw in his channel the RDF server thingy, I joined the server(this was somewhere around October 2012) and I saw many people there, really friendly btw Big Grin but I felt i wasn't able to learn there still :'c.... After 4 months or so I made a post on Minecraft-Forum asking for someone I could redstone with, I got a reply by a guy called jjordan12, he teached me how binary was, and how to add, with that i made a nubby calculator that could only add, but I felt that I learned way a lot more than with "GanJoGan", so i decided to go in the RDF again. In this time I met rsw, guy, Hello, and many others. I first asked someone to teach me and guy came to the rescue Big Grin!, he teached me 2's complement, 1's complement, substraction and "paper multiplication".
After this teaching I made a ripple-carry adder by my own and I felt I was getting really close to complete my promise.
After making it I went back to the RDF to ask to learn moar stuff :3 where red teached me insta-carry adders. It took me a while since i didn't understand why the carry should flow everywhere but then I saw the light xD.
From this part red asked me: "Why dont you join the RDF?"
This question is something I'll never forget cause' its what made me have enough courage to post an application. I posted that same night, and checked the forums almost every minute but then it was too late and I had to go to sleep. The next day I checked and Guy had replied, My application was approved. This 2 days is something I'll never forget in my life, I felt really happy so I went into the RDF and saw red and Guy, Red asked me if I was ready for my trial.. I didn't know what to say, I was nervous... this was really important to me and I couldn't fail.
At first I was going to get my notebook of all binary stuff, but I thought that if I did that it wouldn't be really learning it, but copying so I kept it in my desktop. I passed my trial with le adder I made some days ago, this was the happiest moment of my life(I'll never forget those guys making a sign stack on top of my trial xD). After some time on the RDF I made many friends (and also thought for some time RSW hated me :'c)
Timed passed and I was confused. 1.5 came and RDF lost , many members. I asked newomaster what could I do and he told me about a server mort had, in here I saw all the RDF community again and felt really happy :'D. Time has passed and i'm still on the ORE server, playing, having fun and learning. Now that i have accomplished my promise I'll look for another quest (probably get next rank when rank thingy comes to le server). It's really late now, and I think its pretty long D': not sure if someone will read this completely, and if someone does probably its hard to understand due to my bad english :c.
Greetings, Tatanpoker09

RE: Tatanpoker09's Minecraft story :) - newomaster - 04-29-2013

Read all of it :3 Thats quite a story. I don't think I'll ever forget my trial on the rdf either (almost a year ago now, wow).

:3 I was one of the people who made that sign stack at your trial.

RE: Tatanpoker09's Minecraft story :) - redstonewarrior - 04-29-2013

Sorry for giving you the wrong impression! I'm glad you were happy with joining, and am glad I was involved. :3
I wonder if we have a backup of that sign stack...

RE: Tatanpoker09's Minecraft story :) - Nickster258 - 04-29-2013

Hey tatan!

RE: Tatanpoker09's Minecraft story :) - tatanpoker09 - 04-29-2013

(04-29-2013, 08:12 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: Hey tatan!

Hello :3!

(04-29-2013, 02:12 PM)redstonewarrior Wrote: Sorry for giving you the wrong impression! I'm glad you were happy with joining, and am glad I was involved. :3
I wonder if we have a backup of that sign stack...
Its ok, I thought that only for a little time, after some time I tried to forgot and then I stopped thinking about it Tongue btw thanks for taking my trial :3 and if you do have a backup of that sign stack I would love to have a schematic or something :3

(04-29-2013, 05:48 AM)newomaster Wrote: Read all of it :3 Thats quite a story. I don't think I'll ever forget my trial on the rdf either (almost a year ago now, wow).

:3 I was one of the people who made that sign stack at your trial.
Thanks newo :3, yeh... I think the trial on the RDF is something special for everyone, and I'm glad i joined RDF at that moment, if I would be joining in this date maybe I would never meet any of you D: