Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Stay away from Zachtronics' games - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General computing and engineering (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-66.html)
+--- Thread: Stay away from Zachtronics' games (/thread-11702.html)

Stay away from Zachtronics' games - Nuuppanaani - 01-29-2017

Stay away from Zachtronics' games, they disguise themselves as fun puzzle games but they are a hard drug.

I've been addicted to them for a good while now and it's killing me.

The first dose is always free (well, very very cheap). I only paid €1 for TIS-100 on a Steam sale and that started the addiction for me. That's how he gets you hooked, watch out. Not all of his games are that inexpensive. And although they offer quite a bit of content, you'll eventually run out and start craving for more. I'm currently hooked on Spacechem and it feels like this: 
[Image: O4lyd.jpg]

It keeps getting harder and harder to get that good feeling after solving a puzzle, but I still cannot stop chasing that feeling. Life gets unbearable if I haven't solved a puzzle for a while.

After finally solving a level I get satisfaction from sitting and watching it chug away doing its thing. But that feeling won't last long either.

[Image: rCcJK6E.gif]

Do yourself a favor and steer away from Zach's games.

Sincerely,
Nuup,
an addict

RE: Stay away from Zachtronics' games - Nuuppanaani - 01-29-2017

Anyways,

Zach's games are really high quality and I highly recommend trying them out. They're not that expensive either, especially on a Steam sale.

I recommend picking up either Infinifactory or TIS-100 as your first Zach title. Spacechem is probably my favorite of his games but it's also real hecking hard.

To be real honest, some of his games, especially TIS-100 and Shenzhen IO, feel like work more than games.

So yeah, pick up one of them on a Steam sale and see how you like it.

EDIT: Spacechem actually has a free demo on Steam, so I'll recommend that for a taste of what his games are like.

RE: Stay away from Zachtronics' games - BigPigfootsie - 01-30-2017

(01-29-2017, 04:53 PM)Nuuppanaani Wrote: Anyways,

Zach's games are really high quality and I highly recommend trying them out. They're not that expensive either, especially on a Steam sale.

I recommend picking up either Infinifactory or TIS-100 as your first Zach title. Spacechem is probably my favorite of his games but it's also real hecking hard.

To be real honest, some of his games, especially TIS-100 and Shenzhen IO, feel like work more than games.

So yeah, pick up one of them on a Steam sale and see how you like it.

EDIT: Spacechem actually has a free demo on Steam, so I'll recommend that for a taste of what his games are like.

Lol thx for the free crack trial! Is it a 100% satisfaction guarantee?

RE: Stay away from Zachtronics' games - Nuuppanaani - 01-30-2017

(01-30-2017, 02:43 AM)BigPigfootsie Wrote: Lol thx for the free crack trial! Is it a 100% satisfaction guarantee?

Of course

RE: Stay away from Zachtronics' games - tokumei - 04-07-2017

Nuup has already addicted me, I'm glad that he is taking the initiative to save others. As of now, I own TIS-100, Spacechem, and Shenzhen IO, and will spend hours on some days solving a level.

RE: Stay away from Zachtronics' games - Nuuppanaani - 04-08-2017

(04-07-2017, 01:31 AM)NonemuNinja Wrote: Nuup has already addicted me, I'm glad that he is taking the initiative to save others. As of now, I own TIS-100, Spacechem, and Shenzhen IO, and will spend hours on some days solving a level.

Still missing the biggest game there. Glad to have someone to share my struggle with Big Grin

RE: Stay away from Zachtronics' games - JeremyG - 04-11-2017

Infinifactory block scores are a drug, dont do drugs kids

(I'm in there 14 times... please send help)

RE: Stay away from Zachtronics' games - LordDecapo - 05-10-2017

I have been wanting to try his gsmes... but I knew they were drugs in disguise... I have too much work.i need to do to get addicted to something(s) new.