Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
hey, whats up with the education system? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: hey, whats up with the education system? (/thread-11168.html)

hey, whats up with the education system? - RedMiner - 10-26-2016

Hello, I just wanted to ask if any server moderators were going to be updating the education system any time in the future, as I see the teacher rank declining in use simply because I haven't seen many people being taught except for a few people, and that's when there's people online that are willing to help.

Because in my opinion, I don't see the education system on the ORE school server as 'well'. It's just hard to find people to teach. Yes, I know time zones are quite a large asset in the whole idea, but in the instant where someone needs help and there just happens to be someone on that isn't busy and can teach, imo someone should be able to step up and help. it would be nice to update it, but of course that's up to people.

-redminer

RE: hey, whats up with the education system? - LambdaPI - 10-27-2016

Check out youtube.com

RE: hey, whats up with the education system? - LambdaPI - 10-27-2016

Bennyscube's channel

RE: hey, whats up with the education system? - RedMiner - 10-27-2016

That's the kind of stuff I hear from people. Are people just too lazy?

RE: hey, whats up with the education system? - LambdaPI - 10-28-2016

No, Bennyscube's channel has some legit good basics

RE: hey, whats up with the education system? - LambdaPI - 10-28-2016

It gets annoying teaching the same thing over and over and over and over again.
I think I speak for all teachers when I say this, that using video's to learn basics and even more advanced stuff would be much much better than them teaching IRL. If you have questions, feel free to ask. There will probably be someone to help you.

RE: hey, whats up with the education system? - Nickster258 - 10-28-2016

(10-27-2016, 11:51 PM)RedMiner Wrote: That's the kind of stuff I hear from people. Are people just too lazy?

This is a very naive question to ask. 

YouTube has a big library of people you can watch to learn more about redstone. Off the top of my head I personally know of greatgamer34, guy1234567890, bennyscube, and newomaster. These all have great resources to learn an incredible amount of things.

With that said, yes. Staff are actually brainstorming ways to improve upon the education system. Not much progress has been made yet, but it is progress.

RE: hey, whats up with the education system? - PNWMan - 10-29-2016

There are already several forum threads relating to this that include some changes being considered.
=ANNOUNCEMENTS=
Build Trial Procedure Change
=BUILD DISCUSSION=
Our Education System
Scheduled Education...
=SCHOOL DISCUSSION=
Fixing Our Education System
Scheduled Education (Teachers/staff pls read)