Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
A serious concern - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: A serious concern (/thread-10767.html)

A serious concern - Goblin - 08-30-2016

Hear me out,
Hear me out,

I want a teacher.
Right? That's why I'm here. You know, typical casual wanting a teacher.
Yea, well, I have gathered information.
Apparently, ORE is for computational redstone?
Look. I got nothing wrong with that.
BUT-
I am looking for a redstone teacher that can just teach me what redstone functions DO!
You know, I'm not one that fancies the redstone computers. What I'd rather learn is an efficient pumpkin farm.
But- I feel like that can't be provided... I don't know,
Anyways- Point is- any redstone teachers that can teach me survival redstone?
( Note: I might just quit this ORE stuff if not. I'm about to give up anyways. ) At At At

RE: A serious concern - LambdaPI - 08-30-2016

When there is no teacher, you can use youtube. For example, bennyscube and others have great introductory tutorials. If you have any questions, just ask. If you need a teacher, you have to ask for one, though there won't always be one for you.

RE: A serious concern - Goblin - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 12:43 AM)LambdaPI Wrote: When there is no teacher, you can use youtube. For example, bennyscube and others have great introductory tutorials. If you have any questions, just ask. If you need a teacher, you have to ask for one, though there won't always be one for you.

YouTube isn't RELIABLE!
That's like saying I have to learn from a text book.
It's impossible...
I actually want a human in the same server as me
To teach me.
Also- the vids are not bad. Only problom is. I CAN'T ASK QUESTIONS!

RE: A serious concern - Nickster258 - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 01:57 AM)Goblin Wrote: YouTube isn't RELIABLE!
It's impossible...

You have a LOT to learn...

(08-30-2016, 01:57 AM)Goblin Wrote: I actually want a human in the same server as me
To teach me.

Ask questions to other people on the server?

Learning isn't ALL someone talking and telling you how to do something. If you do not have effort in looking for yourself, such as looking up how to do something / watching a video about it, then you don't have enough effort to learn the thing itself.

RE: A serious concern - Goblin - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 02:03 AM)Nickster258 Wrote:
It's impossible...

(08-30-2016, 01:57 AM)Goblin Wrote: I actually want a human in the same server as me
To teach me.

Learning isn't ALL someone talking and telling you how to do something. If you do not have effort in looking for yourself, such as looking up how to do something / watching a video about it, then you don't have enough effort to learn the thing itself.
Oh, I have watched plenty. The only thing is they tell me how to build stuff. I cannot find a decent video that describes mechanics. Even if I watch a bunch of videos, I will still have questions. Like- questions  that will mean the mechanics properties. It's fine if I sound like a idiot. A yes or no if a teacher can do hands on redstone with me. Doesn't matter now. Also, yes. Videos are talking and telling aswell. So...

RE: A serious concern - LambdaPI - 08-30-2016

Binary and Redstone Mathematics

Decoders and Encoders

Binary Adder with Redstone

These are Links. You can click them.

These are pretty much the bare basics of computational redstone. I highly suggest watching these videos and learning from them. Again, if any questions arise, ask ingame.

RE: A serious concern - Apocryphan - 08-30-2016

I have made my own versions for every survival redstone build that you can think of, what do you know about redstone up to this point and what are you still having troubles with? I like to explain the mechanics of my builds whenever they use a less than common method, so i'll sift through old albums and put together a collection of some and post a link later.

goklayeh is another good source. download his redstone lab, it has the basic mechanics displayed and goes into bussing and other advanced stuff.

redstone lab: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/redstone-discussion-and/348743-goklayehs-redstone-lab-1-8-version-october-17-2014
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Goklayeh07

RE: A serious concern - Delacroid - 08-31-2016

(08-30-2016, 02:06 AM)Goblin Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 02:03 AM)Nickster258 Wrote:
It's impossible...

To teach me.

Oh, I have watched plenty. The only thing is they tell me how to build stuff. I cannot find a decent video that describes mechanics. Even if I watch a bunch of videos, I will still have questions. Like- questions  that will mean the mechanics properties. It's fine if I sound like a idiot. A yes or no if a teacher can do hands on redstone with me. Doesn't matter now. Also, yes. Videos are talking and telling aswell. So...

I´m tired of saying this, if you want to actually understand how things happen in electronical circuits (that´s what we made with redstone), you HAVE to learn a bit of boole algebra, then you´ll  understand the logic, how the logic gates work, why something needs for example, an OR instead of an AND, and so on.

RE: A serious concern - LordDecapo - 10-10-2016

*bump*
I love how everyone completely overlooked that this kid doesn't want to learn computatonal redstone. He wants survival stuff, which we just don't do 99% of the time.

Nick and everyone is right, you need to learn how to learn... if that confuses u, then u prove my point.
I came to this server with such little knowledge, just what I picked up from making random Redstone stuff in SP and on Xbox360 version. I then wanted to learn a bunch about CPUs and more advanced stuff than what ppl were working on... Guess what? There were ZERO teachers available for it. I had to do months and months and years (total of 4 yrs by now) of research, thinking and experimenting to get to where I am. Just recently there have been ppl that I can talk about high level advanced architectural stuff. 

Learning takes time.
If 1 source doesn't answer ur question, find another on the same topic, still have questions? Find another. I have watch and read about 20+ different papers and videos on a single topic to wrap my head around some stuff. Took a while, but I slowly had my questions answered.