Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: My application. :3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Halloz. My name is ShieldedNinja, and I'm applying for the ORE Build server. :3 I look forward to working with whomever sees this application. :D
What is your In Game Name (IGN): ShieldedNinja

What in particular interests you most about redstone:

In particular, computers/calculators. To me, it's just amazing that in a GAME, you can use binary and such to do real life arithmetic. It's incredible, how you can create a computer ON a computer! It's fascinating, how logic in redstone can be applied to real life and even teach you! This is why I am most interested in this branch of redstone engineering.

Which prompt have you selected to build: Numero 1. ^u^

Please provide an explanation of your device:

It is an 8-bit adder/subtractor with 7 seg display in binary. I haven't learned much about encoders/decoders, so the 7 seg displays in binary. It isn't made for speed or compacticity, but I believe it is the most complicated contraption that I have made.

Please provide image or video documentation of your device hosted by either imgur.com or youtube.com:

I didn't have an imgur. :I So I MADE an imgur! The things I do for you guys. >.> XD Jk.

http://shieldedninja.imgur.com/all/

Please go through them bottom to top. :3

Do you agree to the rules of our server: (yes/no): Of course I do! :D

Thanks for looking and/or considering my application. I'd just like to say, I'm nervous under pressure, so expect me to be a bit flustered and clumsy during the trial! Again, thank you.

~Shield
Looks good! Quick question: what kind of subtraction are you preforming here?
(08-20-2013, 07:45 PM)bannanalord Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good! Quick question: what kind of subtraction are you preforming here?

Two's complement. :3
Indeed! hop on the build server for a trial.