Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: [APPLICATION]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minecraft name: lauriethefish
What do you like the most about redstone?: I like how much you can do. Anything is possible Smile
What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: I Have Made A Redstone Word Processor
What does it do?: It Types Letters On A Display
Here Is The Video

Do you agree with the rules?: Yes.
while your application is quite brief, your videos helped out with the decision Wink

you've demonstrated knowledge of most of the fundamental concepts which is good. (reading binary, knowing simple memory structures, experience with some control logic.)

one thing that you lack right now is evidence that you know about adders and ALU stuff, really. That in itself is fine, I passed my trial a long time ago building a queue that had some self-governing control logic. In general though, it is recommended that you know about ALUs etc. etc. and it helps tremendously if you can build any kind of adder that isn't RCA in particular.

I'll accept this application, so you can trial at your convenience.
for the trial if you aren't confident with adders, I'd recommend something that demonstrates knowledge of control logic. It depends on who's trialing you, but as a general rule of thumb we go easier on control logic based trials.

oh also, you can be a member of the school server. While your knowledge for build is still borderline, you know more than enough to be a student Big Grin
check this out, i normally link this to school applicants: https://forum.openredstone.org/showthread.php?tid=6703