Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Aranyoskristof's apply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minecraft name: aranyoskristof (my nick is kristof)

What do you like the most about redstone?: It can be nicely used to computation. In logisim, you build something really big, then look at it and think "i have no idea which wire is which", while in minecraft you step back and be like "wow, man, that's badass". Although there is a con for me, the delay.

What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:
I haven't built anything really complex before i applied on school (just an adder-subtractor and a non-adder based 4 bit alu link), so i'll show the ica alu i have built with don_manuel_1229. Can be seen here: http://imgur.com/6MNyBa0 . The left part is the alu, the right is the decoder so we could test it.

What does the thing do?:
It is based on this, but i modified the carry to be instant. Then we modified the adder to work as an alu, and it can work with 4-bit long words. It can add, subtract, work as the 6 basic logic gates (we forgot to add the bitwise "not" Big Grin ). It has also a few more modes because we added cut input/output too for testing reasons. The additional modes include implies gates, and a few more things which are useless in an actual alu.

Image/s and/or video/s of the device, from imgur.com or youtube.com: Read above.

Do you agree with the rules?: No. Hail hydra! (sarcasm intended)
firstly please don't post an application inside "approved for trial". this is where apps go after they have been approved,
secondly you're accepted, ask a staff member on the server to give you a trial