Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: repeater only 4 bit CLE adder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This bitch, man! took me multiple days just to figure out the simplest things. BUT FINALLY, it is done. be thankful to your one and only god that you are a witness to this amazingly fat fuck.

I'll probably be editing it quite a bit in order to expand it's throughput to 1 tick! right now the throughput is 3 ticks because of 3 tick delayed repeaters.
[Image: 6o0KuL0.png]
[Image: griD7b8.png]
[Image: UknisLt.png]

P.S. If anybody decides to have a go at making this smaller, it would truly be an honor to be of inspiration! to see my design, do "/warp fatfuck"
^dat warp
so... i'm pretty new to alot of terminology, but i get that its' look ahead looks everywhere, but what is the logic behind this? does it check and compare all inputs before it gets there? or like... wow huh? what the...I'd like to take a stab at improving it with comparators to compact it,I like to keep a few projects going at a time and i'm procrastinating on a few (division, squares, decimals, negatives) so i would like to check it out, i don't have the proper version of minecraft to get on ORE yet, waiting until i build a new pc after tax returns, current pc is a bit slow and my internet is tethered through phone but if you could post a schematic or something and help me understand how cle works i wouldn't mind making a comparator version if possible.
mobile internet is still workable, I've gone about 2 months on mobile (2G) on ORE before. And you should really look into normal CLE first before trying a torchless version Tongue
bah, i learned to run before i walked, i've never made anything logic based without a comparator before, so looking at piles of dust and repeaters won't do me any good to help understanding it... if you know of any Plans for ones' logic lemme know, otherwise i'll search for one while on break at work tomorrow.
anyone ever made a cle that isnt binary? and i get why you say torchless is harder after watching newos video, torches are his bread and butter on that build but i go torchless all the time, even in public.
(01-20-2015, 09:37 AM)Apocryphan Wrote: [ -> ]anyone ever made a cle that isnt binary?

If you mean in a different base (e.g. hex), then nope. The core of cle is the carry calculation, and that's really a base 2 job. That's how it's possible for Aft's 16 (hex) bit adder to use a binary cle layer for the carry calculation. (It goes without saying that a carry can only be 1 or 0 in the sum of 2 numbers)
In the case of that hex adder, there is 1 bit of cle carry stuff for every 1 hex (4 binary) bit of addition.
e.g.
0F + 0F = 1E
or
01111 + 01111 = 11110

So yea I got a little sidetracked there, but I can't imagine a non-binary cle to even be possible. If it was done, it would no longer be cle I think.
your still thinking in bits, i was thinking analog, it could be done but it wouldn't be nearly as fast since it would have to add all the carries to determine how far it would carry and your right it wouldn't be a cle then. but i can see how this could be done with comparators nonetheless so thanks for the advice.
Actually, AftExplosion made a hexadecimal CLE because the carry logic is still only pushing ones around
Weee my CLEEE
Pages: 1 2