Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: locked repeater RAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=9][attachment=8][attachment=7][attachment=6][attachment=5]So, here's what I just thought of today (it's probably been thought of before) is a locked repeater RAM. I came up with a design, the good thing about it is that it's only 7 blocks in vertical height BUT width is 10x8 (when you take of the levers and buttons and extended output 4x3) Undecided Doesn't seem like it would be easy to stack either . Your probably thinking why did I even post this here, well I just thought id bring the general idea into concept ill try to make it smaller but I just brought it up as an idea. Heres some screenshots of it, sorry I don't have a screen recorder atm.
A = air
O = output
1 = repeater facing up
2 = repeater facing left
C = clock
D = data
R = redstone dust

AOAA
A12C
ARAA
ADAA

here is a more compact D-flip, just hook up an AND to make it a RAM cell. (You got to invert the clock though)
yeah that seems pretty good thx ill try doin some stuff with that
I had made a modification to this for RAM,
Magazorb redesigned It and made it a lot smaller
But it's still 4 wide. Big Grin imma trying to make it 2
Wide but am unsuccessful. Sad
It can't be done Bill, that's the limitation of locked repeaters and one of the reasons that I don't particularly care for them.
(07-23-2013, 06:54 PM)CMOSprinkles Wrote: [ -> ]It can't be done Bill, that's the limitation of locked repeaters and one of the reasons that I don't particularly care for them.
Fair enough I did Make a 3 wide but not 2 wide.
If you do an up-down stagger, you can get 2 wide memory pretty easily with repeater locks.
(07-23-2013, 11:33 PM)newomaster Wrote: [ -> ]If you do an up-down stagger, you can get 2 wide memory pretty easily with repeater locks.
Wadda u mean by stagger????

Holla holla get $
Staggering it leads to some pretty huge designs, and at 3 ticks to write, I'd sooner use EvilDevil59NL's RAM (which I won't).
(07-23-2013, 06:54 PM)CMOSprinkles Wrote: [ -> ]It can't be done Bill, that's the limitation of locked repeaters and one of the reasons that I don't particularly care for them.
Haha, I have proved you wrong CMO, nickster made 2x3
Repeater lock RAM and I made it dual read.
Check the Completed projects sub fourm.
Pages: 1 2