Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: The Enigma Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have been wondering if it's possible to rebuild the Enigma machine within Minecraft.

The Enigma Machine was a machine , mainly used in the 2nd World War by the Nazis, to encipher and decipher messages.
The used mechanics were supposed to be unbreakable though eventually people managed to break it . ( e.g. Alan Touring worked on it )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_machine

Any thoughts on this ?
This is very doable, however it would be a fairly big task. I would construct the rotors from a decoder, a counter and an adder. The decoder contains the cross-wiring inside the rotors, and the adder and counter combination represents the rotation of the rotor. You add the numerical value of the letter you want to encrypt to the value of the counter and then run it through the decoder.

I also believe this has already been done, but I don't have any reference to it.
apperantly there is already a thread on this.. :3 my apologies for not checking
No worries lol
I would like to see one made on ore!
I read this tittle too quickly and thought it said "The Enema Machine." Needless to say, I became disappointed upon realizing it was not an enema machine.
Wait, was that thread mine? Tongue I wanted to build one but never did.