Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: 4 BIT 2 Wide Full Adder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys

i recently build this Adder i wanna know what you guys think about it

Specs :

Ripple adder
2 Wide every Full Adder
14x8x6
total blocks : 672 with air blocks

Some pics:

[Image: 3x2HRWb.png]

[Image: yB2JuLy.png]

[Image: QepIu8U.png]

Regards Bram Smile
There just isn't a whole lot of demand for regular ripple carry adders, since they are far slower than CLA adders and slower still than instant-carry using multiplexers. Could you modify it to support instant-carry? And how many ticks does it take to output sum and carry?
Huge in my opinion, but that's just because I have a 2x8x5 one Tongue
hello

Thanks for the reply's

(07-07-2013, 08:03 PM)CMOSprinkles Wrote: [ -> ]There just isn't a whole lot of demand for regular ripple carry adders, since they are far slower than CLA adders and slower still than instant-carry using multiplexers. Could you modify it to support instant-carry? And how many ticks does it take to output sum and carry?

i takes 4 ticks to output sum and with carry it takes 3 ticks. sorry but i dont know what support instant carry adder's are

(07-08-2013, 12:15 AM)JeremyG Wrote: [ -> ]Huge in my opinion, but that's just because I have a 2x8x5 one Tongue

How the hell did you do that ;D

Regards Bram
(07-08-2013, 01:43 PM)bametje12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2013, 12:15 AM)JeremyG Wrote: [ -> ]Huge in my opinion, but that's just because I have a 2x8x5 one Tongue

How the hell did you do that ;D

Regards Bram

Remind me to show it to you when I'm on :3
Hello bametje12, any chance you've been working on some new adder designs? CLE adders are really cool.
You guys should look at PLA adders as they are not as complex
But as fast as CLE adders,
* Billman555555 needs to choose CLE, PLA or instant
Have you ever actually seen a Programmable Logic Array Adder implemented in minecraft? Please send me a link to the thread.
(07-24-2013, 07:41 AM)CMOSprinkles Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever actually seen a Programmable Logic Array Adder implemented in minecraft? Please send me a link to the thread.

No proper look ahead adders.
PLA adder stands for 'Programmable Logic Array Adder" in digital circuitry. There is no such thing as 'Proper Look Ahead' unless it is a concept that was just recently invented. Link the thread please.
Pages: 1 2